Data Received/Quality Not Showing

I’m running WD 10.37S-B152 on a Windows 11 PC with data from a Davis VP2.

In the screen capture below, within the red rectangle, the Data Received and Data Quality boxes are always white, the data received number is “under” the end of the word Received, and there is a black rectangle under the date. Any ideas how to fix this? This issue started when I was changing colors (that are still incorrect, but that’s a separate issue to solve). I have wdisplay.ini files in backups from before the problem started but I wasn’t sure what would happen if I overwrote the current wdisplay.ini file with one from several months ago. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

The black rectangle is meant to be the time. . . I can only suggest you go Control Panel > Colours > Time font/colour and see if anything changes.

Re data received number, you can move these things about in Setup > Advanced, but I found it was also good to set the Data received/Data quality font (in the same screen as above) to something narrow like Times New Roman and font size 7. (If you don’t get a choice for 7, just enter it :grinning: )

Yeah, I had tried the Time font/colour multiple times. The font selected in the screen shot in my previous post was MS San Serif, red colour, size 7. I changed it as follows but still the time doesn’t show.

Changing the Data received font from MS Sans Serif size 7 to Times New Roman Size 7 fixed the text overlap issue:

But, still solid white data boxes and no time in the black box.

I ended up using Notepad++ to compare my current wdisplay.ini with an older version that I had as part of my routine backup and copied/pasted the color (colour) settings from the old file into the new. That fixed all the font and color issues and also fixed the time and data received section.

2 Likes