Customizing WD Display

I’m going to work on customizing my WD display again. Several years back when I did this before, I had some issue that I never really addressed, and new ones came up over time. I’m looking for any pointers or tricks that would help.
Issue 1.
When I did this long back on a CRT monitor I create the WD full screen probably on 1024x768. Worked good till I went to HD 1980x1080 which kept the screen at the old resolution and filled it on the bottom and side with black when full. There are options in WD concerning increase, decrease, reset for the display. Is there anything I should set inside WD before starting a new setup?

Issue 2.
When placing data elements on the screen, is there an easy way to align them other than visually? I’m not good at that. I seem to remember that there was a file that has the location information for the elements, but never went back to look for more on that. Any suggestions?

The positions might be stored in wdisplay.ini.

Did a bit off looking tonight, and found defaultcustomscreen.ini that may be what I found in the past. Also while looking I found an option now for Show Grid Lines. That itself will be of major help. I can now get things lined up now easier or at least close to being lined up.

1 Like

I presume defaultcustomscreen.ini is what is used in Setup > Advanced/Misc > Customise > Start over main.

I also seem to recall that once you Show Grid Lines there is no way of turning them off to check what you’re doing. . . maybe that happens when you save settings and restart WD.