Correcting Rain Totals

I apparently missed a setting in WD for my Davis VP2 where it was mistakenly reporting my rain tip calibration at .1 versus .01 inches per tip which has created a mess of erroneous rain totals in WD and subsequently WDL and Wunderground. No problem in fixing the the tip rate but I know this isn’t dynamic thus the data already recorded needs to get fixed as well. Since the station has only been up for a couple weeks and we haven’t had all that much rain with the exception of today I would like to fix the totals for today and the month to date as well as any daily, monthly yearly records that need to get fixed as well.
Can someone list for me each of the places I’ll need to make these corrections?
Thanks.
Bob

I guess this must not be very easy. No takers?

I have the same problem as you, specifically to fix all the rain totals relatively easily. One place to fix them is to right click Rainfall on the main page and go to both locations that show up. The only way I’ve found to permanently correct yesterday’s rain is to edit tag prevdayrain in wdisplay.ini.

You can look at this topic (FAQ: How do I correct bad data?) on this page http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/13427. I have tried to follow this FAQ but have met with only limited success.

Your success in this endeavor hopefully will also result in my success as I am presently quite disgusted.

Sorry to hear you’re having difficulty with this. I was hoping it was easier than I was expecting it to be but it’s not sounding that way. I’m going to work on this some tonight and if I come up with anything I’ll post it.
By the way, thanks for the link. I did read that but it seemed a bit lacking in details.
Thanks.
Bob

I don’t think there is an easy way to correct each day. At least I haven’t found one. You can easily correct ALL the totals though using the “Barometer ofset other offsets initial rainfall totals” in the control panel and go from there. Just make sure the totals in your counsel are correct before trying to correct the WD data or it will just keep downloading the bad data (at least that is what happened to me).

Thanks!

Bob,

You can adjust the Alltime records from “Right cliick over Extreme Conditions - All time records to date - Set Values”
Also from “Action - Reset selected all time record values”

-Bob

It’s not easy at all. So many places in WD where to find an adjustment. I already lost so much time (hours and hours) to adjust logfiles and Wd. When logfiles were adjusted, WD came again with the wrong data. And I must say I never succeeded in adusting the rain totals without screwing other things. I was at one point disgusted but I still like this software because of the support. :?

I think I have that all set.