windSpeedOpen

I am using:
windSpeedGauge
windSpeedGauge

in place of the two you are using and for Temp I am using:
tempGauge

and you are using:
temp

Look at the same .pdf file that Julian referred to and for each value that WDL can display it will show you your different options for display for that value…

-Bob

Thanks for the dials, could you pls check it out my wdl as the wind direction doesnt seem to be working now :frowning:

Check you xml file for the wind direction. Something could be missing or not set up right.

Chuck

This is what i have

<instWindDir>
	<x>245</x>
	<y>100</y>
	<show>1</show>
	<size>80</size>
	<url></url>
	<title></title>		

<instrument>windSpeedGauge</instrument>

</instWindDir>

Reviewing the .pdf file the correct tag for that style instrument for wind direction is
windDirGauge
not
windSpeedGauge

Try that :slight_smile:

-Bob

Here is mine. Bob I totally missed that. Speed and direction. #-o

305 180 1 93 0 windDirGauge

Chuck

Thanks loads for your help!

I wish i can get remote access to the server to view the .pdf however there is a problem and i cant get hold of it :frowning: last thing guys… whats the different command to change the image of the rain/night/could insticon??

Here is what I have.

545 18 1 100

One more thing. I think this might help.

Chuck

What you have is like mine, i would like to change the default images to a nicer one… what the last thing you sent?? 1

makes no diff to my wdl

I can’t answer that for you. Softvark probably could answer that for you. I thought I seen something like this in the forums but I could be wrong. I will do some more research to see if you can do that.

Chuck

1 just determines whether WDL uses the icon values as sent from WD or whether it uses the current conditions/forecast text as well. You can ignore this unless you’re having problems with keywords triggering incorrect icons.

Julian

Here is the thread about using your own icons. http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/19044

Hope this will answer your question. :wink:

Chuck

Julian,

Would it be possible to upload the .pdf and post a link to it as a sticky in the forum?

I have a feeling somwhere in the code i messed up something with the icon as its 9:56AM and the image is still night time :S

http://www.maltaweather.net/sananton/

Good idea.

Julian

Last two things to set up and finalize my WDL…

could you tell me what time the WDL decides when to change the icon to NIGHT and DAY? as untill around 10AM the icon was still NIGHT TIME…

Also, whats the command to change the icon of the sun/night/clouds/rain?

my settings are as follows:

<instIcons>
	<x>465</x>
	<y>96</y>
	<show>1</show>
	<size>160</size>
	<url></url>
	<title></title>
</instIcons>

The time the icon would change would be based on when your WD changes it, generally based on your Long and Lat settings being correct IIRC…

As far as using other icons the post that Chuck alluded to indicates that at the present time you can’t…
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/122881

I don’t know if that has progressed in any way or if it is something that Julian is planning on implementing in the future…

-Bob

it has for sure, i have seen several different suns and cloud images on other wdl…

i see so from where can i check out the Long and Lat settings?

“View - Sun Moon rise/set”

Finally got hold of the /PDF!!

i went through the last part of the icons, and i saw the info on them…

“The following icons are displayed in Weather Display Live. Which icon is displayed
depends upon whether you have sync icons enabled within Weather Display and/or
the presence of keywords found in the current conditions text.”

Does this come automatically synchronized? or you will have to set it up??