Cannot reply to a post in General

I tried to answer Ken’s post in General. There was no reply button, so I tried highlighting and choosing “Quote”. That opened a new topic. . .

General is a ‘header’ category that is read only for most people. Ken used his super powers to post there and I used my super powers to move his post into the Software | Weather Display category.

2 Likes

OK, so Chatter is presumably a sub-category of General. But if you actually want to post in Chatter you have to physically delete the message “Please consider whether your post should go in another software, hardware, etc, category before posting here.”

You do.

That was to try to prevent messages being posted in Chatter that should have been posted elsewhere. There used to be a lot more moving of messages than there is these days. Unfortunately there isn’t (or wasn’t - I’ve not checked recently) a way to include text that was overwritten/deleted on entry of text so the way it works was the best option available.

Edit: It still isn’t possible to set the text to be overwritten/deleted on text entry.

Thanks for checking :wink: