Cannot get email function to work in WD

I believe I have all the settings correct in the email function (warning email) for my account. I have verified my password etc. by signing into my email through the web. I have tried with and without the Secure setting check box checked (unchecked). I checked with my ISP help section and the smtp port is 25 which is default in WD. It also says username should include the @ information which I have and have tried with it not there, no luck. I checked the FTP log and it appears the emails are being sent but I never get the email. Suggestions please.

Best regards,

Bob

What email provider are you using?

charter.net

For some unknown reason it started to work. I am sure it was operator error on my part.

Thanks.

Hi. I cannot create a new topic on this similar issue.
My issue is that it only sends to one email address, no others.
I’ve contacted my host and there are issues their end and believe it’s a WD issue.

Any assistance on this please?

Many thanks

Chris

I don’t have any ideas about how to fix your problem. If you can get access to any mail logs that might help though.

I was wondering though…which category did you try to create a new topic in? Your account should be able to create new topics in all the categories you have access to apart from the archive categories which are locked out to everyone.

Ah. I think I was trying to reply to an old topic that must have been in the archives.

Hi
I only use the email weather forecast in WD and that works fine. If i get a chance will look at the alerts side, as I use Ecowitt for them

Cheers. It’s very odd. The email forecast part doesn’t work at all for any email address and the alerts only work for one.
I’ve emailed Brian for help as well.
Cheers
Chris