Beginner Needs Help - NOW WORKING

Hello All
new to this web site, and the weather web pages as well.
i have started to create a web page for the weather at my home home in Scotland. it s in is basic stage at the this time. i have managed to get the instruments to display in a web page - www.mm0ktc.com/weather
unfortunatly i can not get the data to display on the page, only the test data. i have folled the instructions on how to get things going, but no luck.
if there is anyone who can suggest where i may have gone wrong, then help and guidence would eb appreciated.

OK
have playaed about a little more, and i think what is happening is the html page is not reading the data that is uploaded in the clientraw text file.
i have come to this conclusion because i can alter the wording within the file, and it changes on the web page, but the weather data is not up dated for some reason, any thoughts anyone?
keith

I will help a bunch if you put your station type in your profile. Also a link to your website will help the weather guru help you :wink:

Mark

Have you thought about using one of the ready to go websites that some of the more talented people have created? The one I am using is one of those sites.

I moved the thread because this is a WDL question.

The webpage is http://www.mm0ktc.com/weather/

kljw:

Are you using Weather Display, or a different software, to generate the clientraw data files? I ask because I have never seen “Happy time” and “Black patches” in the conditions description before :?

you can change the descriptions in WD (for current weather condition or for solar description)
I know someone who has WD saying its Late time instead of dull ! :slight_smile:

:lol:

Niko
i am using weather display. i altered the text file manually so that i could establich what file it was taking data from. still having problems, as i can not seem to get the page to display data.

That’s a good tip.

OK so it’s working but the clientraw.txt file is stale. Do you have the realtime FTP running? That’s a yellow/red icon in the notification area/system tray? If so when you click on it and the window opens what does it show? (Don’t close that window, minimize it otherwise the program will close.)

Niko
yes, i have the icon on the task bar,

When you click on it a window should open showing the realtime FTP upload log.

Niko
a window appears

Does it show uploads happening? Can you cut and paste that log here?

Hello,

That is your WD-FTP log and not the Realtime Client raw FTP log.

In your tray or taskbar there should be a yellow Icon with this when you mouse over it: WD Real Time FTP

Do you have that?

-Bob

Realtime FAQ in case you don’t have it setup yet.

that looks OK
and should be getting a clientraw file uploaded OK, yes?

All
thanks for the input, have managed to get things kind of working now. the web site has read the revised info, but still not uploading new data

Keith