Average/Extremes: Bug?

Just checked my average extremes and something is very wrong. The data is all wrong and for dates which lie in the future :lol:

Using build 06 of the latest version.

Exactly where are you seeing this Mike ?

When I go into View - Avg/extremes.

I can’t do screenshots… so I pasted the detail from my main screen (View- Avg/Extremes ):-

Averages\Extremes for the month of October 2007

Average temperature = 7.5

I’m seeing the same thing - the av/ext starts apparently 30 days back from current date - see attached screen shots - one from the top of the file, the second at the bottom.

avext1.jpg

avext2.JPG

Hi Mike,

Similar things happen intermittently to my data, happened within the last couple of hours infact. It’s as though the datafiles are being corrupted in someway.

Firstly ensure that you 102007lg.txt file contains correct data, ie ensure dates are from 1 10 2007 through to today 11 10 2007, then make a backup of month102007.inf file, and then do the ‘Action’/ ‘Convert logfile to graphs’ process, ie convert your current '102007lg.txt file to a datafile (.inf file). If your log file is correct then this should rectify the problem.

Thanks Trevor dude!

I did as you said and it is fine. Cheers :smiley:

Happy to be of assistance Mike!!! :smiley:

I know it’s O/T Trev, but whilst you’re here… :lol:
I have my 2 webcam csptures (jpg and gif).
I don’t want the gif; I only use the jpg. I can easily remove the gif from the File Save within the webcamcapture. But… from Control Panel - Webcam - Current webcam/main settings and in the part where you load/set webcam image (gif): it seems that you can’t enter ‘nothing’ i.e have it blank. This means that you get an error in your ftpupd where it says ‘file does not exist’ if you remove the gif from the File Save in webcamcapture.

If that makes sense…!!

Hi Mike, again, I have had the same old problem in the past. As I still have other issues with the webcam/alldayvideo stuff, I’m actually in the process as I type, reviewing all my settings with regard to this…so I’m reluctant to give a definitive answer at the moment. Hopefully will be able to come back later this evening with something… :slight_smile:

Okay dude - goodluck!!

Hi Mike,

As it’s an FTP error, then have you checked in ‘Control Panel’/ FTP & connections’/ …and select the ‘Web Cam Upload’ tab, perhaps gif webcam file is in there still to upload…just delete it… if that’s not the solution, then I will have another look at it.

regards
TrevP

can you post a screen shot of the web cam setup mike?

I still can’t do screenshots but the link below shows the area I am talking about:-

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/12307

… the part where you load/set the webcam image (gif) at the top of the page on the right.

Firstly, there is no ftp errror. All is running okay now for me. I just wanted to know if I could ‘deactivate’ the load/setting of the gif image path. You can’t just leave it blank for example (after once setting a path). You can remove the gif creation from File Save (webcam capture) but unless you can leave blank in the part on the top right of the link I supplied, you will then generate an ftp error where it says the file doesn’t exist (if after removing the gif creation from File Save i.e webcamimage.gif)

i think you just need to remove the file to upload in the webcam upload setup in the ftp/internet setup

for screen shot, you should be able to click on prtsc on the keyboard and then paste the image into word or similar

Hi Brian. The gif file isn’t selected there.

Basically, that’s my point. In the link I provided, the top right of the screen where it says load/set webcam image(gif),it appears that you can’t de-select it once entering a path there. Therefore, WD has a ‘selection’ from that and will upload it automatically (as it says on the ftp/internet set up page from webcam upload: “or gif if selected”). And if you just remove the gif file name from File Save in webcam capture, WD will still make an upload based on the ‘load/set webcam image (gif)’ but of course the ftp will show ‘no file exists’ in this instance.

Must be an echo…I already said that !!! :smiley:

I believe Brian was referring to “Control Panel - FTP - Web cam upload” making sure you just have the .jpg file selected to upload?

-Bob

Yes Bob - the gif isn’t selected. WD is uploading it based on a path being set in load/set webcam image from the main webcam settings - IMHO.

Remember that error I had in the ftpupd - wdisplay/wdisplay? It was that error which brought it to my attention. I don’t want the gif created or uploaded. I had the wrong path set in load/set webcam image file (from control panel-webcam upload-main settings) but that is why the file didn’t exist. I didn’t have the gif being created (from File Save in webcam capture) and it wasn’t selected for upload. But as I say, WD still uplaods based on the path being set… which you can’t de-select.

Ok I think I get it and I also think you are right, You are talking about webcamimage.jpg and webcamimage.gif (the current shots) and I also have the .gif being uploaded but only have .jpg selected in FTP settings…

Never concerned me as it is only about 70 KB…

http://jaxweather.net/WeatherImages/WD/webcamimage.jpg
http://jaxweather.net/WeatherImages/WD/webcamimage.gif

-Bob