APRS Output

Brain

Ver. 10.28

The APRS output to the extra com port (to the TNC/radio) is sending the data 2 times in one line now I see. APRS will not decode that data now.

KB7DZR>APRS,COLDSP,SNOBNK,SHAFER,WIDE2*,qAo,W7MJR:@170123z4523.37N/11714.25W_318/[email protected]/11714.25W_318/007g000t080r000p000P000b10162h31@1

Any Ideas.

Scott

Scott,
Check out the recent posts under the CWOP header as this may be related(?). I did a test this weekend to send my CWOP data out via my TNC (thanks for the help) and all worked fine. I don’t recall seeing any extra CR in my data string as mentioned in the other posts and it did make it to findu (via rf) but…I only did one quick test. I’m using 10.27z.

Bill

Great to see you got it set up on sending the data out on RF.

It makes a great backup for the data should the net fail in your local area. I use a WIFI signal that is 1/2 a mile away at a RV park, been given to me in support of the web site, so at times I will loose the signal but its rare.

Will look at that other tread.

Scott

:smiley:

10.28A

Still have that odd problem of it sending the data 2 times at the same time. Can’t find that Thread here on the board about CWOP.

Scott

I generally think of “APRS” as a term synonymous with “RF path”. I’m finding that to be a poor assumption on my part. I can’t tell so far whether mine is a TNC problem, software quirk, idiot operator or a combination of these as the above thread will explain.

Noting of course that I know nothing about computer languages or programming [other that what I hear from two brothers in that field, under great pain, at social gatherings :slight_smile: ] there may be benefit to writing software that treats compilation of a data string for radio broadcast as a default and that subsequently reformats for FTP uploads, rather than the other way around. Perhaps this is already the case but however it works, the W.D. program overall looks great.

-Ted
WB3CVN

Thanks Ted

I put some info on that thread, I hope that helps some.

Still have the data repeating here

KB7DZR>APRS,COLDSP,SNOBNK,SHAFER,WIDE2*,qAo,KE7AFZ:[email protected]/11714.25W_009/[email protected]/11714.25W_009/000g000t058r000p000
KB7DZR>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,KB7DZR:@171530z4523.37N/11714.25W_009/000g000t058r000p000P000b10151h71.WD

Note the top APRS data is from the radio sent side and the bottom is the internet sent side. It is starting here as the send out time is now 2 times what is has been, this long packet gets lost in the radio hops it makes and not always makes it to the findu site.

Scott

Brain

Sorry to keep posting, just want to pass on all the info I can find. Went back to 10.27W and all works fine with the APRS output to the radio com port

KB7DZR>APRS,COLDSP,SNOBNK,SHAFER,WIDE2*,qAo,KE7AFZ:@171605z4523.37N/11714.25W_007/000g000t060r000p000P000b10153h65

This is how it should look and it works in the system better.

Hope that helps any.
Scott

in another thread there was the problem reported with a CR/LF
so i made a change
and that helped that person
but it looks like it upset it for you

is this with the com port out aprs?

do you have ticked positionless or not positionless data option?
10.28a new update i have made a change that might help

Brain

I have position less string ticked no. I need the position in the string as my TNC is an old one and hasno position taging ability. This I think is where we are getting the problems as the new TNC’S have a place to set the position and also get it from a GPS. The old one just parots what ever WD sends it and I think that the new ones can be setup to do the same, not sure.

The folks with the newer TNC’s could try setting them so they do not send out a position them selves and let WD do it as it works well as long as your house is not moving.

I will go get the newest ver of 10.28. Running 10.27W for now.

Scott

Now have the latest ver. 10.28A and it still wants to send the APRS data 2 times then the CR.

Looking in WD for any new settings.

Scott

Hi, Brian.

I’m the one for whom you removed the CR, and, I’m pretty sure that it was at that point that FIREWX started getting the weather string ocurring twice in the same line, as

10.28B fixed the data problem

Thanks brain

Scott
:smiley:

Howdy,

Yes, the double string apparently happened after Brian made a change [at my suggestion and a misdirected one at that] that messed with carriage returns. My bad, so he returned the software to the way it was and called it v10.28b.

I tried the “b” version and W2K crashes; will have to try 28c tonite. Reloaded v10.27u instead, and I’m finally delivering via RF after working with N3OBQ about 20 miles away who could watch my data strings digi about while I hack away at the KPC-3 real-time.

Ted
Newark, DE

Ted

Glad to see you have the data going out via RF now.

Scott

10.28b is to be avoided like the plague so it seems 8O