All day Video Frame rate

I have been going through some of the videos in the “Show us your alldayvideo” thread Show us your alldayvideo!
I have noticed that some of the videos seem to have a slower frame rate than others, is this something that is adjustable? I would like to slow down my video just a fraction.

Thanks

Mine is different to most in here, as I use ImageSalsa/MovieSalsa combo, and can change the frame rate quite easily.

Hi,
While movie maker is running in the tray (movie camera icon) it can be maximized and the frame per second rate changed.

FramesPerSec.GIF

Thanks, I will try that.
Is that a permanent fix or does it change back to default for the next video? I guess I will find out.

At this point the setting appears to be at least sticky from one session to the next. :wink:

I changed the rate on my webpage:

<OBJECT ID=“MediaPlayer1” width=320 height=270
classid=“CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95”
codebase=“http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701
standby="Loading Microsoft

I could be wrong, but it looks like reducing the frame rate in Moviemaker will increase the finished file size.
My rate was 10 and would normally produce a daily file size of about 2.8 meg. I dropped that back to 8 frames and now the file size is 3.2 meg.
Not a lot of differance, I know, but when you add that to yesterdays vid, my IPS’s allowance is all but used up. I’m gunna have to do something soon.

I have this opinion that the frame rate to capture wx could be set at say 2 FPS and it would be more than enough to capture and make your all day video. My thinking is if weather is changing at a rate faster than twice a second then we’re in real trouble. The advantages are less cpu usage, smaller file sizes and probably no difference visible in the final all day video product.

Now if your looking to capture other movement like cars going by etc, then this logic may not apply.

So what do you think? Does this make any sense? Seems logical to me but I’m not a video expert.

Steve

Steve, I know what you are thinking but we are talking about a different frame rate.
I have the frame rate of the camera set to 1 as this reduces CPU loading as you know.

What we are talking about in this thread is the frame rate used in MovieMaker. In other words the speed at which the AllDayVideo will play at. Higher frame rate here will make the movie play at a faster speed, lower frame rate and a slower playing movie.
Sometimes with a fast movie speed you don’t see all the little things that happen, like birds flying around or the horse that appears in Krucky’s every now and then.

OK Peter…now I got it!

Steve

Had Moviemaker set to 10 frames/second and now the file size of videolastday.wmv is 3.4 megaBytes instead of the usual

[quote author=Peter Palm link=topic=15341.msg118972#msg118972 date=1143389867]
I changed the rate on my webpage:

<OBJECT ID=“MediaPlayer1” width=320 height=270
classid=“CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95”
codebase=“http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701
standby="Loading Microsoft