Ajax Update Pause in Saratoga Template

I’m trying to set my Saratoga template to update for 5 minutes and then “pause” until the page is refreshed.

I’ve gone into the file “ajaxWDwx3.js” and changed the value in line # 354, "maxupdates " from “0” to “30”. When I review the page on my PC (Firefox) the ajax “updates” run for 5 minutes and then display “Refresh Updates paused - reload page to start”. However, when I load my page from my phone using Chrome the site continues with the ajax updates without stopping. Others who visit my site also do not see the “pause” after 5 minutes.

Is there some other setting that I’m missing. There are many settings in this file and it is a bit overwhelming for me.
ajaxWDwx3.js.txt (140.4 KB)

URL for site might help. . .

Jeff

If you were looking at your site on the phone, then changed the Ajax script, your phone may not have loaded the new copy of the Ajax script. Try closing the tab on your phone and re-accessing the site. That will ensure that a fresh copy of the script with its new settings is loaded in the browser on the phone.

You changed the correct setting. A browser-cached older copy of the script is likely the cause of what you observed.

1 Like

I cleared the cache on my phone and refreshed the page.The page now pauses after 5 minutes of inactivity.

Thank you.

1 Like