Advanced Internet Settings - Not Automatically Uploading

I am new to WD and want to use the Carterlake templates as a base for building a site. I am trying to get the Advanced Internet settings right so I can use this to upload the wx files. Found useful notes Internet File Creation and Upload.

If I click “Upload this file now” under the Set button I can get the files to upload - in the right place (and it does the renaming).

But how can I get WD to automatically create and upload the files I want?

If I click “Upload all now” in Web Files Upload Times the FTP program runs through loads of files then repeats “there are 1 more things to do” lots of times and stops.

I think I have create and upload times set for the files I want to upload.

Any ideas?

make sure you have set the upload times as well
and the main override switch is on in the customise internet and file creation setup
and also in the ftp/internet setup, connections setup, the main internet switch is on there and you have ticked to use weather displays ftpupd.exe

Hi Brian

Upload times - Yes - same as Create times
Main Override switch is On (Green) - and Create & Upload lights are showing green
FTP/internet setup, connections setup, the main internet switch is On
Permanent connection is ticked (that was the problem you identified for me yesterday)
And FTPUPD.EXE is ticked

Overnight uploads were working but system crashed and I lost settings earlier today

Almost as if schedule is damaged - is this possible? Where are settings held? Can I try restoring file?

Richard

Just found a setup problem - I had changed the remote directory but not changed it on the Real Time Client tab - the Real Time update is now working.

However if I click Upload all Now on the Web Files Upload Times tab, FTPUPD.EXE runs until it gets to “FTP upload of files, Grouped Upload #2” (just after uploading clientrawextra.txt), does multiple lines “there are 1 more things to do” and locks up.

Thought this might help pin point the problem?

Grouped Upload #2
why do you have grouped upload #2 setup? unset that in the ftp/internet setup

Didn’t realise I had grouped upload #2 set!

Is this on the General FTP Functions tab? Just looked at all 3 set ups - and there are no times and all are switched Off - am I looking in the right place.

Or is it Advanced Internet Settings setup page #2?

WD is obviously very powerful and can do clever things with uploads but I don’t understand how one should set up the uploads - be they “standard”, “Set up #1”, “Set up #2”, “Set up #3” “Realtime Clientraw FTP” or “FTPUPD.EXE” driven.

Tried running the Update All from Web File Upload Times and still hanging?

I am a bit of an idiot - is there an idiots guide?

use the customise internet and file creation setup and there you can set the times to create and times to upload the files needed
do not use the general ftp setup

.zip and email me your settings files and I will check on what you have set up

Thank you - settings files on their way.

hummm
using your settings, the files you have set to upload, in the customise internet and file creation setup were uploaded OK

Agreed

Can someone help me with this - please!

Hi,
I too have had the same problem. I created the custom web page, followed the instructions for setting upload times for wx.html etc and ended up with the ftp program locking up. The windows task manager shows 100% cpu utilisation. I didn’t seem to be able to recover the situation and have resorted to runing WD on another PC at the moment. If it helps I can zip up the config files and email them to you Brian.

regards

Roger

instead try action, update internet now

Marshman, can you give more info?
how do you mean by locking up?
what shows in the ftp program?
do you have ticked, permanent connection, in the connections setup?

Yes - Action → Update Internet Now works but “Upload all Now” on the Web Files Upload Times tab does not - it hangs.

Is this a bug?

Questions from above - Sorry to persist (I am just trying to understand how WD is supposed to work and how to get it to do what I want) -

If I use Advanced Internet Settings does that mean the only files to be uploaded are the ones selected on AIS Setup page #1 and Setup page #2 and the files updated by