AcuRite 5 in 1 weather station

Anyone have or know how to integrate a AcuRite 5 in 1 weather station (without a USB connection) to WD??

All I see in the data file for that type of station is an Excel file (CSV file) for that time and date, and I cant find anything to translate it to something for WD to use.

OK, after many hair pulling events I have some data flowing to the WD program, how ever I get this program popping up called “VIS Reader” I see no way to shut this down, it will after time close its self.

Any ideas???

not sure why you don’t want to use USB. It would make life alot easier :wink:

The info is coming in from weather station on a different computer, that computer is acting as the server it is on the same LAN system, and is working fine, the client computer uses the data from this server, but every time I start WD on the client computer it comes up with that VIS reader program and sometimes locks up, I want to shut down the VIS program on the client computer.

uninstall vis on client

How I don’t see that option anywhere.

https://www.weather-display.com/youtubevideos.php
3d line reads
Setup for a USB Acurite weather station (tip: delete the c:\vis directory if that exists)
and links to a youtube movie

hope this helps.

Wim

OK, I got this working (to a point) but had problems with the main PC (server) I had to update the VIS reader program, (what a mess) that program will not run correctly without email setup, this is now a problem, you need to download a second program to enable it, and they want payment for that program up front, they only take checks or money orders, they wont take CCD’s or paypal, bummer how stupid, I dont use checks and its a 30 mile trip to get a money order.

I may have to delete WD and start all over with the old VIS reader program, any ideas on this VIS reader junk?