12AM,1AM WD Dies....every day

Hi Bob
Rick might be, but the othes are not

it might be some debug code i added
also, have you reset the wind energy hours?
maybe thats it?

I haven’t been having trouble for several days…since I finally found the reboot option(didn’t realize it was on the email page) I hadn’t got around to pushing those buttons yet…I am going to try rebooting twice a day if once is good twice should be better huh? :slight_smile:
Jon Paul

my station of course is the WS-2310…pretty good little station but it do have some quirks…

oh…that stumps that then!
I was looking for use without the reboot option

The only thing I have done in the last week is just update the software

Not sure what is happing.
I have turn off the ftp to my web hosting site so fare has been up for 2 hrs.

Ver 9.45b without ftp lastasted only 1 hr.

Went back to 9.41e and seems ok

What to try next.

Bob
:cry:

Hi
I am thinking it is an array pointer that i have used wrong somewhere

does it do it at a particular time?

one thing to try:

install WD to a new location

then create a file called 2wd.txt , with notepad (i.e save as 2wd)
and start WD there
it will start up as brand new:
you will have to setup from scratch (its a completly separate setup)
and see what happens
I would like to get this fixed!

I have installed in new location.

I have my webfiles under homeseer so i juset let it use them. I think this sould be ok. all other stuff is new.

I also noted that the outside temperature has been off by + .01 from the system temp.

The console will show 55.7 but WD shows 55.8 This has been happing for some time just forgot to tell you about this strange offset.

Will let you know how long it last.

Bob

not sure about the temperature…if you have no temperature offset…
is the barometer OK?
some one reported a problem there with the ws2310 station…
good luck and thanks

I installed 9.45b and I haven’t had a shutdown yet, 30 hours. Using XP Pro and Ultimeter 2000.

ah, so you are ultimeter person rick
thats 3 different weather stations!

Yup! It was at random times that it happened for me. I thought it might be happening when other program functions are taking place. I’m connected to internet with cable service and have Norton System Works running with live update and the internet clock.

I mistaken when I did not see WD running today but it just minzed it self at mide night.

Looking good.

Been running now for 8 hsrs with no problem so far.

I posted to soon the program minize it self and I did not look.

:lol:

I think I may have the same problem… I use the new Ultimeter 2100 and have been trying out the WD software for several weeks. I also use XP Pro. I haven’t been able to recover from the lastest hang/crash yet.

The first time it hanged was a week ago, Monday morning. It looked like it hung during the web page uploads. I couldn’t get things running without hanging for longer than 2-5 minutes. It wasn’t until I reinstalled the program that all was well again…

Then it hanged again, yesterday, coincidentally also early in the morning on a Monday, a week later, but I haven’t been able to recover yet. Looking at things it looked like it was during the web page upload again that it hanged. When it hanged the window was all grey and three Internet Explorer windows were all white. The PC is unresponsive until I cycled power.

After a reboot and restarting the program things seem to run ok except for ftp but then it starts to hang the PC again after some minutes. I notice that a lot of ftpupd.exe program are in the task list all of them seemingly stuck.

Reinstalling the program doesn’t work. Something got corrupted. I tried doing Win XP System Restores without any luck (and then undoing the last system restore and trying to do a system restore to any earlier time wouldn’t work - WinXP said it was unable to complete the restore).

But then somehow I managed to get it running again for about 10-15 minutes along with FTP working when my Zone Alarm Pro software somehow forgot its’ configuration for programs and I had to regrant access! But then things were hosed again somehow and the system hung again. I turned the PC off for the night (and I usually never turn this PC off).

This morning I’m able to use the PC fine it seems so far to enter this message but without Zone Alarm and Weather Display running (I’ve disabled startup for both of them just to see if the PC is stable enough to keep running without them - I’m hoping the corruption is limited to one or both of these programs so that a reinstall of windows is not necessary. So far so good).

I need to go to work but I’ll be taking another crack at this problem this evening. I have a feeling that Weather Display will probably run fine as long as I don’t enable FTP and so I may start it up in that mode before leaving for work to test.

Ted

9.44D still going since Friday evening…

hi ted
zone alarm, the free version, is bad news for any thing other than win 98
thats what i discovered too
it doesnt remember setiings, even after a program restart,
zone alarm pro and WD are great together:
settings are rememered , as long as you do a proper windows shut down

Brian,
9.45b ran for 48 hours without a problem. Got home tonight checked the info, everything fine, hit the minimize to system tray button and the encountered a problem message appeared and shut down WD. Restarted WD and everything is fine???

Ultimeter 2100, WIN2000 Pro, ZA Pro, 256MB, WD 9.43C (upgrading soon). All is well with this config…

DaveH

Ultimeter 2100, WinXP Pro, WD 9.45c, Zone Alarm Pro not used and is disabled… Verdict is that my PC keeps hanging. This evening it managed to run fine for about an hour before it hanged after a fresh install of 9.45c. This morning same thing. When it hangs the symptoms are always the same… Things are frozen. Start menu won’t come up. Windows don’t refresh. Control-Alt-Delete won’t work. Alt-Tab for some odd reason does work, rotating through program icons, but that’s it. Reset is not enough and it’s necessary to shut off/turn on the power to the PC. I plan to leave the PC running all night now with nothing running but one Internet Explorer window, No WD, and No Zone Alarm Pro to see if Windows XP hangs on it’s own.

Ultimeter 2100, WinXP Pro …

With no WD software running my Windows XP Pro ran all night without hanging.

This morning I installed v 8.23 APRS Lite. So far it’s been over two hours without any hangs.