1037f build 14 crashing

before it scrolls up the start screen. ???

Did you just install build 14? If so, if you revert back to the previous build does it work ok then?

Anything in the programerrorlog.txt file?

what windows version?
how much memory on the pc?
did you keep build 13 which was working ok?

I loaded it yesterday morning. So far so good [-o<

Some file must have gotten corrupted, restored all from a backup reinstalled build 14 …IT WORKS 24 hours now…

All seems OK???

Whew! Good deal, glad its working for you…

Crashed again 3 Am Gots to figure this out…

Ok here’s the setup: 800 mgz PIII win xp, 512 MB ram. Running a memory checker now…will let it go all day…

The only error in the error log is invalid gif signature ? whatever that is. Program (WD) won’t start again… I have a hard time believing that it’s WD, probable something with this old box…? I think I am going to delete all WD files completely and start from scratch. w/ build latest. Try that this eve perhaps… All this started when my weather station got staticed to death last week (been running on metars til the new one arrives Fri ?) during a lightening storm…

The previous ver that has been running for months non stop was 1037f, I don’t believe there was a build number.
JaxWeather has that ver but no zip.

Before dumping everything you may want to test (especially since you are running on Metars right now) with a second New WD install. Install a new WD install in a new location as noted in this FAQ, then put in your settings and see what happens.

Oh and if you are looking for a specific build let me know and I can look and see if I have it and just haven’t uploaded to WD-Past…

-Bob

how often is it reporting invalid gif signature in the program error log?
maybe you have set up the animated web cam but do not have a gif image file selected correctly?

OK created txt file installed wd in separate dir… started right up… copyied files from old webfiles dir… so far so good…

as far as the animated gif goes I did not want it… thought I

NOW WHAT ?

oops… sorry there are hundreds of them…gif errors that is…

Set up… downloading all that it should… inc. time stamped cam file hopefully in the AMit will still be ok…

Bye the way, how did the new installation pick up all my old settings (from previous install), everything but the registration #.

Very strange ? But OK

unless you create a file called 2wd.txt where you install wd it will use the same internet related settings (from the regsitry)

those gif errors are what is causing you instability problems
either select a correct (gif) image to use for the web cam for the animated web cam image or turn off that function

If you recall I did post a question about a week ago that I could NOT turn off the animated gif…howsoever with this new install it’s off…

can I copy the backup dir and restore for the registration? Can I use the last number you sent? As this seems to be working ok now…

Never mind GOT IT

Thanks to you and Jaxweather… all seems to be well…

Not sure I really helped but the bottom line is what matters…

Working is good )

-Bob

Crashed again… Now I’m trying to make it do that… USB Ports screwed up… soon as I try to turn on the one wire lightening detector WD goes tits up…

At least I know what it is , I hope.