1-wire reader not responding

I’ve been running WD (10.37R Build 81) for years without any major problems.
It’s a 1-wire system with AAG wind instrument Hobby Boards hub and devices.

My AAG wind instrument got damaged. I suspect target practice with an air rifle :x
I’ve been waiting for decent weather to take that down and replace it with my spare.
In the meantime I decided it was time to retire an aging Windows XP netbook that it was running on.
I copied everything to a newer Windows 7 laptop using the instructions given. That seemed to go ok, but…

I’m getting regular “not responding” message for Dallas 1 wire reader version 5.7

I would welcome any suggestions what try :slight_smile:

Are there any settings required in Windows 7 to allow the reader and/or WD to run correctly?

A bit more info…
On the XP PC I could run 1 wire viewer to check devices.
Tried that on the W7 PC but after installing Java (JRE) get the error described at EXE4J_JAVA_HOME, No JVM could be found on your system , but solution #1 didn’t work.

On the XP PC I get the WD screen fully populated, on W7 I’m missing outdoor humidity, wind chill etc.
Neither PC seems to respond to wind speed or direction (currently the spare unit is plugged in and indoors and I changed the ROM ID’s ready for installing it outdoors.

I’ve tried different ports on the 3 way hub (6 sockets - 3 main, 3 aux)
1 wire reader suggests the hub is working ok.

On the XP PC I can run WD which starts 1 wire reader and then close that WD to make changes to 1Wire reader.
On the W7 PC when I close WD it closes 1 wire reader. I have to run that on it’s own to make changes.

Again, would be interested in any suggestions what to try next

I’ve made a little progress…
1 wire viewer works if I run it as adminstrator.
I had to google how to do that in W7.

If I try the same with WD it suggests I haven’t paid/registered.