Wrong Forecasticon.gif Being Displayed

Am (was) using WD 9.86d. Weather METAR says that at 12:00 noon, it’s cloudy outside, but WD is displaying and using the nightovercast.gif image instead of the overcast.gif file. When I load WD version 9.86b, WD now uses the correct icon (overcast.gif). No changes were made to the configuration.

humm, next time you spot this, email me the metar file you use, and your wdisplay.ini file and your wdisplayftp.ini file from the registry and I will see whats up

I tried to cut and past a METAR report from the METAR log file, but that didn’t work, so I’ll have to wait until it does it again. Unfortunately we have the US PGA golf tournment going on this weekend, and after two weeks of rain, the weather has decided to cooperate with the tournment by being sunny for the rest of the week.

I’ll let you know if it happens again.

Sometimes my station location gets corrupted. You may like to verify your stations settings.
This information is used to predict Sun & Moon rise and set times, and may be required by activities your weather information is sent to.

Click on the Setup menu. Then click on “Sun/Moon Rise/Set …”. Enter Latitude and Longitude data. (note: there is a link on the APRS setup page to obtain your Latitude & Longitude if you have difficulty finding it on a map.) Make sure you use a negative number for the southern hemisphere for latitude, and if you are west of GMT (i.e west of the UK/England), ie. You live in the USA] then have a negative number for the longitude. There will appear either a setting sun or a rising sun.