WMR200 - downloading data from console?

I am new to using WD and WMR200 and I’m having problems.

I have the weather station set up at a research site some 50miles away from my office. I travel to the site once a month to collect data from the station and other instruments.

I have set the console to take readings every 15mins (or so I believe.) I have attempted to download data from the console but have been unsuccessful.

I used the backup feature but I think this probably isn’t the best way to do this.

Plus, the file that I recieved has readings recorded every minute (but not always in chronological order and even missing dates.)

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Have you tried the WMR200 data logging FAQ?

Thanks, I hadn’t seen this I’ll have a go and see how I get on.

The problem is that i have no idea how to use the software. Where do you go within it to even start to try and download data?

Sorry for being so backward.

Once you have “told” WD that you have a WMR200 (i.e. WD => Control Panel => Station Type and Settings) each time you start WD it will try to collect ‘logged’ data from the WMR200. When collection of logged data is complete WD will continue reading data “real time” until you close WD.

Does that make more sense now?

If you haven’t done any set up of WD yet, you might like to try WD => Setup => Setup Wizard.
It’s a very long time since I used it but IIRC the Setup Wizard takes you through all the relevant initial stages, including selecting the “Station Type”.

N.B. Make sure your WMR200 is plugged into your computer ready for WD to read from it - but you probably did that already! :wink:

IIRC - “If I remember correctly”

Thanks, I had given myself a break from WD for a bit because it was getting me down.

Yes I understand now that it does the downloading automatically. Thank you for your help.