What have i done wrong?

i am pretty sure I have found the problem

http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip

Hi Brian

Thanks - I just installed the .zip and data from console is comming into WD.

See attached historyextraction2310.txt

Tomorrow I will let you know how it goes tonight.

Thanks for your help

Best regards,

Henrik

historyextraction2310.txt (2.72 KB)

thanks henrik, i realised i knew what to do i was having a blonde moment lol
I’ve installed this second try brian and like jwwd i will let you know what happens tomorrow morning (though i will be up later as i am not at work until 10 :slight_smile: )

It must have been a change between 1037g ver 2 and build06 that was to blame as my reverting back to b02 yesterday kept the problem at bay overnight…

I’ll be brave and install the latest .zip and join Henrik with the o’night test :slight_smile:

Edit: 1037g build 07 installed

Hi Brian

HELP…still not working.

Again tonight the data from console stopped about 3.00 am.

Now its 7.22 am and I had to restart WD twice before it starts to collect data from WD.

Best regards,

Henrik

is it always 3am?
have you tried just reselecting the com port again as a test?

Hi Brian

Yes I think its always 3 AM - i havent tried the comport thing - but after I have restarted WD twice it works again. But unfortunatly no data is read in at startup (3 - 7 AM today see attched historyextraction2310.txt)

Best regards,

Henrik

historyextraction2310.txt (26 KB)

mine flatlined again at 3.56am :frowning:

so its more of a after a certain lenght of time running rather than at a certain time then
that is the clue

Hi

I reboot WD and my computer every night at 2:23 AM - that explaine the same time WD flatlines (about 3 AM)

Best regards,

Henrik

i don’t reboot mine at any regular time, only when it decides to throw a hissy fit, last reboot was two days ago i think for the comp.

don’t know Brian, but testing this on my second console, it looks like it hapens when the console is synchronizing time with the atomic clock
always at 3 sharp here and resetting rs232 does not wake up the connection with wd, even deleted comport from windows, restarted and windows installed the comport again does not do anything, next night 3 sharp wd lost connection with the console

Jozef

i dont have a time sync in this country ,so i cant test that problem
(as the only thing wd is set to do at 3am is the minimise to task bar)

so what must be happening is that when the console updates the time from the radio time it must not be sending any more data to wd for a little bit…and then wd is getting out of sync…after a change i made in the code…
does the force restart of the 2310 in the station type get it going again?

i will compare my code with a back up

no, did try it first, before anything else

edit: try build 4 → good → build 6 → bad

Hi Brian

At my place it requires 2 reboots before WD starts collecting data from my console. The second reboot i have success with closing Wdisplay.exe from the Windows task mangaer.

Best regards,

Henrik

Build 7 bad too

Henrik

Mine has done the same overnight with my WS2300-11…Flat line graphs started at 0357(ish)…Strangely, yesterday morning after putting the build 07 back in, I had flat line graphs for a couple of hrs until I spotted what had happened (the Vortex was working OK so the data increments were running OK)…another shut down and re-start and it was OK…It seems like the commport connection has become a bit flakey, any upset and it drops out. What happens around the 0350(L) mark I have no idea. I leave my PC etc running 24/7. I have just done a force restart and nothing appears to have happened. Build 02 was OK Build 07 bad.

Hmmm - I have only just found this thread, and yes mine has been flatlining at times and needs either a PC reset or total WD shut down using TM and I have been getting multiple WD running (up to 3) and sometimes conitinuous 100% on CPU since this last rebuild B06. I have been getting it at odd times - once was 12:30am, other times 7:30am, 10:30am, I am getting paranoid about it… was checking from work and trying to get DW to reset PC a couple of days in a row… happened twice this morning - you can see in my graph menu list for last 24Hr, 48Hr, 36 Hr, 72 hr etc.

Thanls Brian for all you are doing… ;0

this update puts things back to the way they were, based on a back up, for the 2310, hopefully
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip

Thanks Brian…I had left my old setup running to see if I could get any other diagnostics…In my case it wasn’t just the graphs flatlining but all the WS2300-11 data had stopped inputting too. None of the main panel data was changing and had frozen at the 0356 values (other than the vortex wind inputs of course)…