Webpage not updating

Brian,

I have noticed that in the last couple of versions, both my wunderground and webpage will stop updating. The program is still running, and when I try to manually have it update, it acts like its updating, but it wont. It doesn’t throw an error that I can see. If I close the program every 6 hours and start it back up immediately (no machine reboot). It works great. Any idea what’s going on here?

Zach

Check you ftp.log file to see if there are any errors.

Yeah, no errors (plus the pages are set to update locally). but no errors for wunderground. Like it just decides to stop updates except to screen.

Z

any errors under view, program error log?

Brian,

No errors, but this is odd… the program shows that its receiving data, it shows the right clock time, but the graphs, dials, and all updates are not happening. I can watch the clock tick seconds, I see the data counter increment, the live dials are working… I can minimize and maximize the program. It doesn’t appear to be locked up… just like part of the program died.

weird.

Zach

*** UPDATE ***

If I close and re-open the program, the data has been updated and the graphs are correct, almost like the program was working fine… The log files just stop like the program was closed during this time.

Brian,

Updated to 9.61e and within 1 1/5 hours from update, everything stopped updating, dials, graphs, wunderground, and webpage.

Zach

Well, strangely, myweather.gif doesn’t create new graph anymore. It uploads every 1/2 hr. as I setup, but with old file (now a day old, about the time I changed to 9.61e.)
I do a manual “update internet now” and it updates graph, but when it does it under the schedule setup, that file doesn’t get created. Other files seem to be updating fine.

wally, i did make some changes to the graph instead of screen shot option…
is the file updating or is it that the its not being ftp’d?
also, what do you have ticked under teh web files setup

zac…not sure whats going wrong there…
so, the graph stops updating on the screen, the log file stops udating, etc etc?
what speed pc, memory, etc?

Brian,

the pc is a amd 300 with 256Mb ram. The program is still running, as the clock is updating, the file clientraw.txt is updating, but nothing else is. If I go back to 9.54 everything works great, but if I update to anything newer the program will die anytime after 1-6 hours after start. Now the really weird part is that I can exit the program and then re-start the program force a internet update, and everything works fine for another 6 or so hours. The program is not showing up as not responding, the free amount of ram during the “lock-up” is around 150Mb ram. Also, the weird part is, that I dont loose any graph data. It just stops updating on the screen, weatherunderground and on the internet. If you look at the website, you’ll notice that the data is all there. Haven’t seen anything like this.

Hope this helps

Zach

http://www.eirinn.net/weather

i cant remember if you said if there was any errors under view, program error log…?

Brian,

No errors in error logs.

Z

I wonder if there is a glitch in the code for the web files because I had to unselect the radio button and then reselect the radio button to get my MainDisplay.gif to start uploading again.

Well, I tried that, and it didn’t help… Anyone else with suggestions?

Z

when it bogs down, does the seconds display at the time at the bottom of the screen slow down in its updating?
also, do you have a screen saver (if so, try turning that off)
also, when the graph etc stops, check the file latest.inf for when it was last modified (time stamp)…and does the current log file (32003lg.txt) still get updated?

also, is it after a certain time or scheduled update that it does that?

you could try installing to a new directory, and create a file called 2wd.txt there, and start it up there, and it will start up like brand new, and set it up, as a test

Brian,

Seconds still update… I have turned the screensaver off and made sure that windows wont spin down the drive… I will check the last modified date on the inf file and log file.

It seems to die between 2:30am and 3:50 am also around 4:30pm - 6:30 pm.

If all else fails, I will install in a new dir … then try re-install the O.S.

Thanks
Zach

ok…
keep us posted
3am:
the only that happens then is the minimise at 3am (under help, about)

Answer to question is…
It is uploading fine, the file is just not being updated (created) for the new time (current time).
Only happening to myweather.gif at this time.
Went back to an earlier version - works perfectly again, and has the main screen stats “current conditions” small wind dials w/graph for the 12 hour again.

hi
ok, email me your wdisplayftp.ini settings from the registry, and i will check it out
also, please try the latest verison

Brian,

Moved it to a new directory, it froze, but with a Windows error this time:

weatherd caused a GPF in module

Only way to correct it was to reboot machine. I just updated to new version of weather-display.

Zach

hi
did you create the 2wd.txt file in that directory?
what windows version do you have?