Weather alerts on web pages

i have this working, and creating a custom tag, and updating every hour auto for the state selected
just doing some finishes touches then you can take it for a test drive

Thanks Brian!! I am looking forward to seeing it.
Scott

ok, download a new zip 10.20m now…
and the see under setup, control panel, and then in the publication setup
then select your State from the drop down list
then it should upate (relies on a permanent internet connection at this stage
then once updated, tick to remember and tick to do hourly
then its available a custom tag
i tested, works :slight_smile:
let me know if you get it going and the url, etc

I have downloaded i, but I am not sure how to add it to my page. Do I just pick an area in the datahtm.txt files and enter the %noaawarningscroll% wher I want it to go? Or do I need to be using a custom page?

Thanks, looks like a great feature.

hi
you can add that custom tag to say the datahtm3.txt or the datahtm0.txt file
then
under webfiles/web page setup, tick., I want to use custom web tags in my web page
try that

Just tried it quickly before going off to work -
Used your instructions in the above post - works like a charm!

Thanks for adding this Brian.

Got it working here, have a look. Will look into why the text is doubleing up in places later on today…

Great job on this Brian…very nice xmas present for us…

I have it working as well, no problems. Added it to the datahtm3.Thanks, neat feature. Although, I had no idea there would be so many warnings for various places at the same time for my state.

www.lknweather.com

hey, look at that, its working :slight_smile:
its a bit slow and jerky in FF, works real smooth in IE

Brian, that is great.

wow :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I see it even works with WDLive. Now that is something slicker than reindeer poop in Iowa on a warm Christmas eve. not that I have seen any in Iowa, but I have seen reindeer poop when in Northern Sweden a few years ago and that is a very long story. ( yes, even saw two white reindeer).

Anyway, That is an excellent addition to the program. take a bow and tell you children that you will teach them how to keep the legacy through out the next 200 generations…

where do you find the county break down files to download??

i am will to add abiliity to set the width of the scroll, height, etc…speed…i guess that can be changed
FF browser does not handle it very well though

WDlive?, not sure what you are meaning it works with that ardvark?
(and sorry your globe thing i have not had a a chance to work on more yet (its been the case of the squeekiest wheel gets the oil first (you have not squeaked loud enough))
off to a family dinner now , first time in over 6 months

You can adjust the speed in the html:

//Manual Scroller-

On the globe thing… no rush, in fact you can put it at the bottom of the list.

ah, yes, the choose it as the 5 day forecast and have it do up as a vp forecast to wdl…

dinner: it was a japanese restaurant :lol:
alliser rain riot, but because we were early, we were the only ones there (town has a population of 6000 only)

I bet it was enjoyable. our Japanese steakhouse is nice, but… not a Japanese restaurant. Chinese is fine, but again too much Americanized. A long time ago I had the honor of actually eating in one owned by a family new to the country and that was the best.

I am glad you had the place to yourself. Hopefully no one asked the fateful question “How is the weather software coming?”

Windy,

I am the website developer for Coffee Bluff.

sounds good, I will check it out

the restaurant is run by a Korean couple :slight_smile:
very authenticate
not bad for a little town!

Windy,
I went to the NWS page and pulled this from the XML alerts for California:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/alerts/ca.html[color=Red]#CAZ016[/color].STONOWSTO.171500

So if your program can search by state…and then go into the state file and look for a user defined zone number (like California Zone 16 above) that should work.
I would say the user would be responsible for knowing the zone numbers they want to look for…in fact you might even want to bypass the user selecting a state.

works well that scroller in the test samples
but i not they have it using external files in a certain directory
i should be able to have those files exist in the same directory (and just have them update once)
but it uses a .js file…some hosting might not like .js files?
and some people might have java scrip disabled?

also, on the coffeebluff web site, to reduce cpu use for firefox browsers (and which is stopping the scroller)
remove the big of html code in red from your page:
<EMBED src=“wdlv3_04.swf?http://www.coffeebluffweather.com/wdlconfig.xmlwmode=“transparent” quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH=“688” HEIGHT=“500” NAME=“wdlv3_02.swf” ALIGN=“”
TYPE=“application/x-shockwave-flash” PLUGINSPAGE=“http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer”>