VP Console Diagnostics

From the “remote admin users who want absolutely everything” department :slight_smile:

Brian,

I see that Weather Link can display the VP reception statistics. I’m not sure if they are in the regular data feed or if WL interrogates the console. WL and WD can’t run at the same time so it would be nice if WD could display/custom tag at least the packet percentage.

Steve

Are you sure you want the terror of realizing that the packets are probably lost somewhere in space?

I have my console pretty close to where I sit at the computer. If I want the reception data, I access the console directly by pressing the temp.time buttons at the same time.

It seems that the data is logged according to the archive setting. Now I am using it on a 5 min archive, WD is best used when WL is at a 1 min archive as the graphs are smoother and just are nicer to deal with. I am thinking that logging something every one minute might fill up a data file somewhere real fast, unless it has some way to be a set size and overwrite the old data. And of course might just have an effect of the number of resources.

Then again one can do the unspeakable… Exit WD do a WL run, access the number of packets, allow the graph to upload to the website if one is so inclined then exit WL and restart WD. WD then catches up the data ( providing you don’t purge the archive by the settings) and back on line.

However, I am sure Windy, who is facing spring as I am winter probably has a great solution and very probably has it in the works along with his lets make coffee too.

For what it is worth, the summer here is very dry, putting it mildly. The number of packets received is about 97-100%. Supposed to rain today, ya right, I am getting a root canal today. The dentist needs a boat payment, I suppose :wink: I am curious how the rain will effect the packets or not.

Are you sure you want the terror of realizing that the packets are probably lost somewhere in space?
I have one of the first VP's so my earliest lost packets are about half way to Alpha Centauri by now. Another couple of years and the folks there will finally be getting a weather report :lol:
I have my console pretty close to where I sit at the computer. If I want the reception data, I access the console directly by pressing the temp.time buttons at the same time.
Mine is about 300 mi away and my arms aren't that long. Also although not mentioned in my post I just got a weather envoy that doesn't have a display so WL is the only way to figure out what's going on with it.

Hope your dentist visit goes well, that’s one time to forget to “Just say no” :stuck_out_tongue:

I see your point . Well, I wonder if Brian, having nothing else to do this year, might want a version specific , such as a davis version of WD, not that his code must be 400 pounds of electrons and stuff.

It could be my only hope with the lost packet is that they are bothering some kid with his cordless phone. Ah yes !

Jeez, now you make me feel bad for asking :frowning:

I did start out by saying;

From the “remote admin users who want absolutely everything” department
:lol:

:frowning: don’t feel bad.

I wanted rain and got it! :? a ;whopping 0.08 inches :roll:

Diagnostics among other things would be great :stuck_out_tongue: