Version 3 of Detail / Summary addon pages for WD-AJAX-PHP-USA

When I did validations on your pages, there were a lot more errors on your detail pages than on your summary pages. I would suggest you try to get rid of the validation problems and see if it works then.

Tried that last night and when I get it to validate, which was pretty easy, I lost the buttons in all browsers. My thought is something in the normal template for the Saratoga scripts is messing with my settings, i.e. I don’t use “main content”, so maybe my css is messing with the pages?

Thanks for looking though.

Version 3.03 is now available. It fixes a problem when the barometer reading in the testtags that is used for todays value is in kPa units. The scripts will convert the reading to hPa units to match the climatedataout files. The only files changed are the wxbarodetail.php and wxbarosummary.php.

Download

Hi
I have this latest version up and running, easy to install and another excellent script, thank you.
I have one issue which I don’t believe is the script but my data which I would like to see if some one can help solve. On the Barometric pressure pages, http://www.weybourneweather.co.uk/wxbarodetail.php and http://www.weybourneweather.co.uk/wxbarosummary.php all the data displayed is in inhg except for july this year which is showing in Mbs. I do have some data missing for july which I can’t seem to recover but I’m not to concerned about that it should be in Inches though. I have tried recreating the monthly NOAA report and Average and extremes page for July (which in WD are in inches) but it hasn’t changed. Help Please.
Phil

The barometer readings are obtained from the climatedataout files, not the dailynoaareport files. To recreate a climatedataout file, select View–>Averages/Extremes/Daily Noaa Reports. Select the Detailed Climate Report tab. Select the appropriate month and year. Then click the update month now button. A new climatedataout file will be created in your webfiles directory. For previous months it will have the month and year appended to the file name (i.e. climatedataout72010.html for July 2010). Then upload the file to your website.

But I do find it odd, that the headings of all your other climatedataout files have the units listed as being hpa when they are actually in inches.

I also noticed that no unit of measurement is showing on your snow detail and summary pages. In your template settings.php file you should have
a $SITE[‘uomSnow’] setting. If you measuring snow in cm, it should be $SITE[‘uomSnow’] = ’ cm’;. I also noticed that the snow section of your homepage has a mix of mm and cm. It shows 1.00 mm for today, but 1 cm for December.

Hi Again

The barometer readings are obtained from the climatedataout files, not the dailynoaareport files. To recreate a climatedataout file, select View-->Averages/Extremes/Daily Noaa Reports. Select the Detailed Climate Report tab. Select the appropriate month and year. Then click the update month now button. A new climatedataout file will be created in your webfiles directory. For previous months it will have the month and year appended to the file name (i.e. climatedataout72010.html for July 2010). Then upload the file to your website.

I have tried the above but its not creating a new climatedataout72010.html file, I tried updating the year and that did create a new file,so I’m not sure why a new file for july is not happening.

I also noticed that no unit of measurement is showing on your snow detail and summary pages. In your template settings.php file you should have a $SITE['uomSnow'] setting. If you measuring snow in cm, it should be $SITE['uomSnow'] = ' cm';. I also noticed that the snow section of your homepage has a mix of mm and cm. It shows 1.00 mm for today, but 1 cm for December

I cannot find why this is happening, as far as I can see every setting for snow is set to cm, WD, settings.php etc etc The only thing I can think is that it maybe something to do with the alternative dashboard but I can’t find the problem.

Phil

If you try to recreate a different month, does that work? You might try upgrading to the current version. It looks like you have the Q-01 version. I believe Brian made an update in the Q-02 version regarding updating the noaadata files. It might be related.

I suspect it is a dashboard problem.

If you try to recreate a different month, does that work? You might try upgrading to the current version. It looks like you have the Q-01 version. I believe Brian made an update in the Q-02 version regarding updating the noaadata files. It might be related.

i have updated to latest zip but its still not creating a new monthly climatedataout, tried a different month same result. Might have to ask brian about this one.

Phil

Murry,
I have snow reported today. It didn’t snow here?

http://cvweather.org/wxsnowdetail.php

Thanks

Use the wxsnowdetail.php from the current version.

Download

Murry

When I checked my site this morning, before I tried the current ver wxsnowdetail.php, the snow was gone. Also the 0.99 inch of rain from Dec.1 was gone as well.
Thx

The snow problem was a bug that would only happen on the first day of a month after a season start when using a seasonal year and setting $show_today set to true. Since you are using a seasonal year starting in July, the problem would reoccur on the first day of July, August, September, October, November, & December of next year if you kept using the old version.

The rain problem appears to be related to the dailynoaareport. It is showing no rain for yesterday. But it is showing a total of 0.99 for the month.
Based on past experience, the dailynoaareport will correct itself tomorrow.

Murry
I have installed the upgraded version on me site http://localweatherplus.com/wxwindsummary.php
Very nice set of scripts!!

Thank you!
Brad

Thanks. I noticed that you have dailynoaareport files (used by the temp, rain, & wind scripts) going back to April 2009. But the climatedataout files used by the remaining scripts only go back to April 2010. You may want to recreate the climatedataout files for the months prior to April 2010 if you have the data in WD. If not, you can change the $first_year_of_climatedata setting in the wxreport-settings.php file to 2010 so that the years 2009 thru 2009 are not displayed since they have no data to display.

Thanks. I noticed that you have dailynoaareport files (used by the temp, rain, & wind scripts) going back to April 2009. But the climatedataout files used by the remaining scripts only go back to April 2010. You may want to recreate the climatedataout files for the months prior to April 2010 if you have the data in WD. If not, you can change the $first_year_of_climatedata setting in the wxreport-settings.php file to 2010 so that the years 2009 thru 2009 are not displayed since they have no data to display.

I will try to create those missing climatedataout files when I get a chance, thanks for the heads-up. I uncovered a few other data problems from earlier years after loading the scripts that I have already fixed up. #-o I started using WD this spring so some of the data may be unavailable, but future years should be all good. :slight_smile:

Brad

Murry,
The rain total did correct itself.
Thx

Hi

I would like to run this script but whant to places all files in a sepatate folder.

Look: http://www.jeanrobertmarion.com/wxreports/wxtempdetail.php

He look for the settings.php file ?

Can you help me please.

The summary and detail scripts are addon pages for the WD-AJAX-PHP-USA template set. So it is expected that these scripts be in the same directory as the rest of the template set.

Hi, thanks for the great script Murry!

It is working flawless ecxept for the max solar energy and average maximum UV , i get this warning but i can’t figure it out…

Warning: Division by zero in /customers/akker.be/akker.be/httpd.www/car/wxsolarsummary.php on line 233 and:Warning: Division by zero in /customers/akker.be/akker.be/httpd.www/car/wxuvsummary.php on line 222

Perhaps you can help me? I have recreated the dailyreport files with the new climatedataout page, there was one existing in the webfilesfolder, but i renamed that to .old.

But still a great script, thanks for the work and the sharing!

Marc.

What is the setting for the path to the climatedataout files in the wxreport-settings.php file?
$path_climatedata = “./”; # Location of climatedataout*.html files

The climatedataout files on your website root are still the old version that has no UV or Solar Energy information.
See http://www.akker.be/car/climatedataout.html .

After you recreated them, did you upload them to your website? Did you upload to the correct directory?