Use your spare CPU time to process climate data.

I don’t know the answer. The only thing that is obviously different is that you’re referring to cpdn.net and the BBC is bbc.cpdn.org. I wonder if the two things are subtly different? I’ll see if I can find out.

OK, I’m confused, why do I only see “Members (with AND without Credit) = 1” here http://bbc.cpdn.org/team_display.php?teamid=38

I don’t know that either. I was thinking that maybe the team data gets updated once a day and so the new users would appear sometime today or tomorrow. If there’s any time left this evening after the Beaver and Cub Scout taxi service is over and I’ve eaten and got the evening’s chores out of the way I’ll take a look at the docs and see if anything begins to make sense.

[quote author=nikoshepherd

I am confused as well since the page shows only one member with and without credit and it should show more than 1 since I also joined using this team. If I try to join the team it says I am already a member!

Stuart

Well, if it works the same as cpdn, you have to wait until your computer sends the first trickle-up message.

That will happen when you computed te first whole year.
Normally(depends on computer) it takes 1 to 2 days

OK I’ll wait a few days and see what happens. Its been idle all day today but it did comeplete one unit of work during the night and now says daily quota reached.

Stuart

I wonder why you are seeing that? I flushed all my temporary files, logged in fresh and I still see with and without.

#-o I did look a little lower on that page, sorry you are so right

And as you can see the team has some credits now(who did that I wonder)

Thank you NorCal Dan for the first 226.80 credits

Click on the ‘Total Credits’ link and you’ll see that Norcal_Dan is the first to get in with a score.

Back later.

Ya’all will be along shortly I suspect :slight_smile: Still only shows one user on the top of the page, maybe that only updates once a week like the old seti team stats page?

I don’t know what triggers getting credits. I’ve been running for more than 24 hour (real time), I’ve consumed more than 24 hours (CPU time) and I’ve reached 19220 (from setting off in 1920). None of these seem to have given me any credit. Next milestone to watch for is 1% complete (currently 0.68%). Maybe you get credit for each whole 1% that you complete?

Hey…15 of us have joined in now. At this rate once the credits start rolling in we could be one of the top teams :slight_smile:

I’ve also seen a comment saying that credits in climateprediction.net projects are not the same as credits in the BBC project and can’t be transferred between the two projects. That’s a shame for the team stats, but at least the CPU is going to climate related projects.

1.16% now. It sent a trickle-up message at 0317 this morning.

How long have you been running it? I had a lot of start up problems and only got it working this AM…

I started it yesterday about 11 am local.

My model has sent a trickle now. The W-W team is in 16th position :smiley:

I stopped the other projects and running only for the team now :slight_smile:

You’ll have to tell us what the outcome is. Unfortunately the rabbit ears on my telly won’t pick up BBC four here! :lol:

I am getting very frustrated by all this. I signed up 2 days ago and have yet to get anything running. It keeps on failing with an error code 161 and giving up. I have found an entry on their forum reporting the error but noone seems to be doing anything about explaining what might be happening. I have aslo had two crashes since installing this software which is a bit annoying, my machine has been so reliable over the past year I cant remember when it crashed last. :frowning: I have reset the whole shooting match 3 times now to see if that fixed the 161 but to no avail.

I just wish they supported their forums like Brian does us here :slight_smile:

Oh well if trhey dont reply I’ll just have to give up, pity though.

Stuart