USA Midwest Storm Chase 2007 !!!

yeah…the wife keeps on looking at me as if its the last time she is going to set eyes on me 8O

Have it delivered to the company/person(s) who are conducting your “hunt”. And let them know, of course.

ah,but we are not with a tour company…realy need someone we can get it delivered to that we can call in on…

If you were heading south/southeast out of Denver, I’d tell you to have it sent to me here in Amarillo, Texas. I’d be happy to meet up with you and hand it off;however, it sounds like you are heading east.

Corey

Have a great time. Keep out of the way of any large hale stones 8O.

we will be in the texas pan handle at some stage…most likely, but not initialy…

i wonder if the wife has increased my life insurance policy when i was not looking…

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Corey

As a travel tip…

When I made my trip to Illinois a couple years ago, I setup my Son with his game system so that he could plug into the cigarette lighter in the Truck.

Found out real which that if I turned off the Truck, he went off too.

So I grabbed the portable battery booster and plugged him into that instead. Worked like a charm. Each night, I took the unit out and recharged it over night. Was ready to go the next day.

The booster looks something like below… It has the ability to jump a battery or provide plug in power (AC and DC).

I keep a much larger unit in my truck now fully charged all the time. It has both AC and DC outputs and a built in inverter.

I see from an earlier link, that there is a DC version of the power adapter for your notebook too…

http://www.wholesalebatteries.us/detail.cfm/hurl/Notebook-Laptop/NEC/Versa-M540-Series

That would make it easier than using an inverter which would waste a lot of power.

yes, Ricky is setting up a 12 v to 240 volt invertor and strip board connector
I also have already a 12v to 19v for the laptop
now, just thought of an idea: i could get the battery delivered to the Denver airport Hotel!]
good idea?

good tip, thanks
one catch: the billing info for the Visa, i.e different billing address than the deliver address: they do not have NZ listed as the countries to choose from…but Australia is there…arrgggh!..should i just go with australia…and the correct address will get picked up off the visa details anyway?

Maybe you should contact the seller and ask what to do in that case. Either e-mail or call them. If you don’t want to make an over-the-pond call one of us could call for you.

Corey

Hi
yup, ok, good idea…i have placed the order now.,and told the airport inn there will be a package delivered
i will contact the wholesale battery place now…
Ok, i have contacted the battery place, they have changed the billing to be NZ and not australia, and he said the order has been processed and its on its way (after only 15 minutes?)

Glad you got that all figured out. That’s a fast order ! 8O

BTW: Are you going to use metric or USA units while you’re over here? :rofl:

when in Rome, do as the Romans
(last year the car had a temperature display which we could switch from oF to oC…we left it on oF but switched to oC for a reference point…as the forecast high temps etc were in oF :wink:

Talking of metric vs imperial, I see those semi-metricated Brits have decided to stay that way :lol:

This is a good place for all kinds of batteries if there is a store near you.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/?&CMP=KNC-Google

Holy cow! I didn’t know we had one of those here in Amarillo! 8O

Corey

Aw, crap… If you stop by, you’ll see the house pre- new siding and windows.

Well, it will be easy to find… it’s the only house in town which is burnt umber.

(Hey, almost every house on the block is cleaning up after the flood… feel very very lucky. Going to buy a couple of those moisture screechers and put in the basement.)

Wow, I thought BatteriesPlus was a local outlet.

If you can’t find a replacement battery, take your dead one to them.
They can rebuild it, they have the technology.
If they have the right parts, they can do it in a day, if they are not backed up.
If they have to order the parts, it will take somewhat longer, but they have an amazing stock.

I have an old Tektronix time domain reflectometer that I got on e-Bay.
Just try finding a battery pack for that.
BatteriesPlus was able to rebuild its dead one for about US$100.

Steve

Windy, I will activate your PC cell phone cards on the 11th so you should be all set to go when you get to the US. Where are you going the first couple of days? I’m in Yellowstone Park (northwest Wyoming).