Tideprediction.htm not uploading

Just as likely to be my ignorance rather than a bug, but I’ll put it here anyway . . .
My hosting appliance recently failed, so I had to move my site to a remote hosting service. Have it running ok with the exception of the tideprediction.htm file. It is not going up every day at 6 am. If I hit the upload to website now button in the tide setup, it goes right up, so it’s otherwise configured right. Suggestions? Don’t want to put it in the manual upload group if I can help it–seems a waste to upload the file every 10 min. when it only needs to be done once a day.

Using 9.79c on Win2K server.

if you are using the customise internet file creation and upload, then it is near the bottom on that setup…
maybe check that?

No, not using that (didn’t know it was there!). Looks like maybe I can use it to upload once a day? Didn’t try it last night, hoping the issue was just a glitch. But the file didn’t go up again today for the third day in a row. I’ll try to set the custom upload when I get home tonight. Thanks Brian.

PS: I should not have to do this right? The file should upload once a day if I set it up that way in the tide setup? Was not an issue when I hosted locally, as the file was created directly in a mapped drive that was actually my hosting appliance.

Well, I’ve been tinkering with this for about a week, without any luck. Kind of slow going since I have to wait until the next morning to see if what I tried had an effect. The tideprediction.htm file is being changed each day at 6 am according to the date stamp, but the data does not change–yesterday’s tide still appears. If I go into the tide setup and regenerate the data, then hit the upload button, the page will update. Also noticed that when I regenerate the data, the number of lines of data produced is not consistent. Sometimes I get about two weeks, other times just a few days. Often stops in the middle of a day.

I deleted the tide0 and tide1 files and let WD rebuild them. That helped me back when the tide feature was introduced and was a bit buggy. Once I had it running it was very reliable. Not this time.

Still think it’s related to the location of my files, since the problem cropped up when I moved my site to a remote server. Previously my webfiles were located on my webserver appliance, which I had mapped as W: drive. Now my webfiles folder is a subfolder of WDisplay.

There were several threads about this some time ago–now I can’t find them. Perhaps they date back to before the forum was relocated? Any help appreciated.

Running 9.80 on a Win2K server.

i was having a similar problem
but its now OK in a new version 9.80b
please try that (it now updates it at 6:02 am)

Nope, no luck. Went to 9.08b and reloaded the tide files last night. It’s 7 am Thursday here and I just checked my site from work–tideprediction.htm starts with Wednesday.

For some reason the tide prediction does this. I’ll bet if you leave it now it will update tomorrow and will still be a day out, but at least it shows the tides OK for that day, although it will be shown in the second position.

I battled with trying to get it to update and show that days tides correctly for some time.

Bob

Well Bob wish I had read that before I manually updated two minutes ago!

It has not acted like this since I worked the initial kinks out when the feature was new. But I would not mind a tide table that always began one day prior to the present date. If it doesn’t update tomorrow, I’ll keep my hands off it and see what happens on Saturday. (Can’t play with it this weekend anyway, I’m taking my daughter down in your direction for a lacrosse tournament.)

Well, you’re right Bob–it’s Tuesday now and it did advance. List starts with Monday, but that’s OK with me. Funny how it had been starting with the current date for months until I moved my site to a remote host. Thanks.

Chris

Well, you’re right Bob–it’s Tuesday now and it did advance. List starts with Monday, but that’s OK with me. Funny how it had been starting with the current date for months until I moved my site to a remote host. Thanks.

Chris