SW Desert USA - FWI Values?

Q for the members in the southwest desert area of AZ, CA, NV…

What’s your current FWI readings? Mine, shown below, are in the ‘extreme’ area. Now, living in a desert I expect it to be hot and dry, but I’m curious about the FWI values. Mine have built up over the last almost 2 years of compution. How do they compare to other ‘desert dwellers’?

Todays values
FFMC DMC DC ISI BUI FWI
95.5 186 724 12.6 227 45.6

Thanks

Ken

Mar, Last Updated: 03/30/09 at noon Todays values FFMC DMC DC ISI BUI FWI 93.9 149 468 9.3 166 35.9

I have similar values 03/29/2009 The DMC need to adjust up higher it is off the graph.

FFMC DMC DC ISI BUI FWI
95.6 121 719 16.8 171 52.7

Thanks Joe

Kevin, Joe -
thanks for posting. mine don’t seem to be out of whack. Didn’t think they were, we DO live in a dry, hot desert, but I was wondering as I always show “very High” or “extreme”… And the only alert I’ve seen lately was a ‘red flag’ for the Flagstaff area, and it got me to thinking.

Ken

I think if we actually get some rain, you will see it drop.

We had no measurable rain all of March.

We are more than an inch down from last year this time.

Yes, dry it is. So far this year - and my rainfall year is 1 Nov - 31 Oct I’ve recorded 1.6 inches, currently 42 days without rain. Last rainfall was .02 in - one tip of the rain guage.

I’ve dropped a not the NWS - PHX asking what their FWI component values are - I’ll post any response.

Ken