StormTracker

Too late. :slight_smile:

–Dave

Well so much for ignoring the inspector :frowning: The sheriff showed up and asked what’s my problem. I showed him what I was doing and he laugh his butt off. Then he told me to remove the vent pipe below the ridge line. He sat and watched me take it down and then he looked it over. Laughing again he asked me if it worked. I showed him a storm outside of Kansas City and told him, I did. He said he would talk to the inspector and I was not to put the antenna back up there until I was OKed. I would be laughing to if I wasn’t so angry. Rules are rules he said. I guess they never thought about any one using 4" PVC for anything but waste. :roll:

Mark

Is this a CC&R / homeowner’s association type of thing or a municipal regulation thing?

Steve

Who knows :glasses5: All I can say is Bah Humbug.

I think it is a national code. Raising the vent pipe above the ridge line induces pressure. Of at least so I’m told.

You have to remember that the whole county goes to one school now. Population is about 1700. I thought I knew everyone around here. But then again there I go thinking again.

Mark

Typical inspector, doesn’t really have a clue what he’s doing.

Rule says no vent pipe above the ridge. The trouble I was having communicating is, vent pipe might be PVC but PVC might not be vent pipe.

Mark

Most of the country is now under the International Residential Code for one and two family dwellings. There is no code that says a vent can’t extend above a roof. There are code sections that require a vent pipe to extend a minimum distance above where they come through the roof. There are code sections that regulate where a vent can’t be located such as less than 4 feet directly beneath an openable window, door or other air intake. It also can’t be located within 10 feet horizontally of any opening unless it is at least 2 feet above the top of the opening.
It may be a local or state amendment to the national code but I have never heard of such a rule. Sounds more like a zoning rule to me.

Too many rules. This one says you can, and this one says you can’t.

Mark

Apply some wood grain designs on it it. Pvc? What PVC. :roll:

Good idea :lol:

Mark

Well it is installed inside the attic. Not where I wanted to put it. But it seems to be working very well. NexStorm was very accurate in the storm that cameclose to us this passed weekend. All in all, the scouts are very pleased.

Mark