Some oddities that have been around for a while

Hi Brian,

Some things that need some attention some day:

1. When starting WD, it puts big spikes in both the Solar/UV and real time graphs.

2. Even though I don’t have one, it always puts Soil Moisture in the right hand label column of the Solar/UV graph (with bogus values of 0 or 255) even though it doesn’t actually draw a graph line for it.

3. The E.T. reading shown on the index.gif file and the screen on the PC itself almost always show the E.T. for the instantaneous monent and not the total E.T. for the day, which is far more valuable. Perhaps you could make those show the total E.T. instead, with a switch for a second or so to the instantaneous E.T. every 5 seconds. (Or show both somehow.)

4. The E.T. graph on the Solar/UV display does not have any labels for E.T. units on either side and is way to compressed in scale to get any meaningful reading for it. Perhaps we could label it and expand the scale for more resolution? Also, a label on the right for the total E.T. for the current day would be nice (you don’t have to graph that, of course, since it should be obvious from the exisitng E.T. graph when the scale is expanded.

Thanks!
Tom

My weather page:

vers 9.78b, ready now, should be better for some of these issues

ET:
well, the current ET is actualy the days total so far
the final days total is at midngith, and hence yesterdays ET is the final reading for yesterday…

so i am not sure what you are refering /comparing too>??

If you look at the E.T. number on the WD screen on the PC (which is the same as the Index.gif image on the web page) it always shows instantaneous E.T. rather than total E.T. This is in the box just below the solar percentage and directly above the wind direction compass rose. Same for the number displayed on the Solar/UV graph.

Tom

vers 9.78b, ready now, should be better for some of these issues

ET:
the final days total is at midngith, and hence yesterdays ET is the final reading for yesterday…

Hi Brian,

If you look at the E.T. number on the WD screen on the PC (which is the same as the Index.gif image on the web page) it always shows instantaneous E.T. rather than total E.T. This is in the box just below the solar percentage and directly above the wind direction compass rose. Same for the number displayed on the Solar/UV graph.

Tom

Windy said:
ET:

total et:
do you mean for the month to date?

otherwise the instaneous ET should still be the total ET since midnight
what are you comapiring this number too?

I am reading the ET displayed on the summary page just above the wind direction compass rose and directly below solar percentage display. It appears to always show something other than than the total E.T. For example, it is 10:30 am here on a very hot day and it is showing 0.001 inches. Yet, if you run the mouse cursor over it, it shows a total of .152 inches for the day so far, which sounds correct. I don’t know what the number it normally reads corresponds to, but the 0.001 that it currently is showing (and is typical of what it usually shows) doesn’t appear to correlate to anything that I can determine.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what it is supposed to show?

Thanks!
Tom

total et: do you mean for the month to date?

otherwise the instaneous ET should still be the total ET since midnight
what are you comapiring this number too?

Tom,
What is the reading on the real time extra sensor graph?

I ask because on my system the main page shows 0.366 inches but 0.014 inches on the extra sensor graph. Not sure if this is your situation or not?

Dave

The summary page is showing .006, the UV/Solar graph is showing .006 on the numeric readout on the right and a graph peak that is opposite 8.0 on the UV scale and 600 on the W/m2 scale (there is no scale for E.T. on that graph), the mouse-over on the summary page is showing .277, the “Davis VP/grow uv/solar sensors/soil/leaf” table is showing .174, and the extra sensors graph is showing .011. I have no idea which number(s) to believe…

Tom

Tom, What is the reading on the real time extra sensor graph?

I ask because on my system the main page shows 0.366 inches but 0.014 inches on the extra sensor graph. Not sure if this is your situation or not?

Dave

Yes, i agree, i prefer the ET on the main screen to be “total ET for today”
also on the VPREALTIMEGRAPH.GIF for the ET to be calculated daily, i.e. if at 10 am its 1.5mm the show 1.5mm, if at 12pm its 3mm then show 3 mm, slowly increasing until late afternoon, then zero at midnight.

Also Tcimpidis can you have a look at your vantagelogcsv file in logfiles, and tell me if your columms are correct.

Thanks
Cyclone