Solar % on Web page different from WD reading

It’s been heavy overcast here all day and WD is showing 0 % of solar while the Web page is showing 6 %. I have noticed this difference the last few days. Is anyone else seeing this ??

Thanks

Cheers

MikeyM

If your talking about the extra sensors graph then the web page value is not the present value but the value last “moved” over with the mouse. Of you go to the extra sensors real time graph and move the mouse back and forth you will see the value for that point in time. This is what your seeing on the web page. I, like you , would like the web page to show th current value on the chart or show nothing because it is misleading.

HI Greg

What I’m talking about is the main display on my desktop has a solar % and the solar display on the same display that is uploaded to my Web page is different. On my desktop right now and all day I’ve shown 0 %, but if you look at my webpage and look at the “Status report of weather station” it is showing 6 % and it’s updated every 15 minutes. It’s showing the correct time as I just checked and the last upload was at 4:30:12 pm on 2/16/2003.

Guess I’m confused. I do understand what you are talking about on the extra sensor graph and that is showing 0.0 m/v and 0 % solar all day.

Thanks

MikeyM

Sorry.

is that on the screen shot?
i just checked your page, and its ok?

Hi Brian

Yes, the Web page right now is showing 1 % and the Desktop is showing 0 % and has been all day as we are buried under about 18 - 20 " of snow.

The extra sensor graph has been flat lined all day at 0 m/v except for about 2 hours ago when it brightened up a little and and I got a 8.1 mv and 2 % reading for about 15 minutes.

I did get the lens that Jim Jennings sent me and I’ll let you know what the results are as we are supposed to get some sun tomorrow.

Thanks

Cheers

MiikeyM

so, the solar % on the screen shot is different to what it is actualy on the screen on your pc?
strange…

Right now the extra sensor graph is showing 0 mv and 0 % for the last hour and a half at least and the desktop (PC) is showing 0 % and the Web page is showing 2 %. Yes, it’s really strange.

Cheers

MikeyM

ok, computers dont lie
i must have a update routine just before the screen image is taken that is not correct

watching the americas cup now!~

Hope the New Zealander’s made a comeback.

The Solar % on the Web page has changed from showing an amount different from the PC to showing 0 % all the time. It appears that if I tell the program to “Update Web Page Now” under “Action” the Solar % on the PC changes to 0 % as it starts to update the Web page. Shortly after the Web page update is completed the PC will show the correct Solar %, but of course the 0 % has been uploaded to the Web page.

No hurry and not complaining. Just trying to provide some info.

I’m finally able to get the Solar Sensor Setup, setting for the min and max temp, which I assume means mv when using Jim Jennings solar sensor above 100. I assume you want to set that to the max mv reading that you expect to get.

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

ok, that gives me a good heads up, thanks
(this is the anomly i meant)

yes, i have allowed you to set a higher value now, for mv , yes
i was getting up to 240 mv :slight_smile:

It looks like it didn’t calculate any “sunshine” hours for the day either. Maybe that will help you track it down. That was working until either today or yesterday.

Thanks

:smiley:

Cheers

MikeyM

Brian

I have the “extra sensor” graph on my Web page, for now, if that helps you at all.

Cheers

MikeyM