Rain rates

It’s been an unusually dry spell here (I think Brian has got all of our rain!) with only two brief spells of rain in the last 4-6 weeks.

Despite this, WD is insisting that my current rain rate is 0.1mm/min (4.6mm/hr).

Also the time for the maximum rain rate is 02:45, even though the maximum rain rate shows 0.0mm/min. Could this field be blank (or at least 00:00) if there isn’t a max rain rate?

Both problems with 9.73.

Despite this, WD is insisting that my current rain rate is 0.1mm/min (4.6mm/hr).

Also the time for the maximum rain rate is 02:45, even though the maximum rain rate shows 0.0mm/min. Could this field be blank (or at least 00:00) if there isn’t a max rain rate?

Both problems with 9.73.

WD v9.73
My WMR-968 displays a rain rate of 0.000in./min (0.000 in./hr). The time displayed in the Maximum Rain rate (07:33 AM) is near the time I exited WD to load v9.73. No rain so I ignore the time.

The time displayed in the Maximum Rain rate (07:33 AM) is near the time I exited WD to load v9.73. No rain so I ignore the time.

As with the soil sensor temps, I can ignore this, but the values are uploaded to the web, so I’d prefer them not to look odd and therefore cause questions to be asked.

I don’t think the time is related to the last WD reload time. I was tucked up safely in bed at 02:45 :wink:

It's been an unusually dry spell here (I think Brian has got all of our rain!) with only two brief spells of rain in the last 4-6 weeks.

Both problems with 9.73.

Hi Chris,
Is the total rain amount, as shown on your 968 console, increasing?

No. It’s showing 10mm which is the same as WD is showing and it’s been that for 4-5 days now.

you can reset the current rain rate, under action, reset daily…
try that

you can reset the current rain rate, under action, reset daily.... try that

The dry spell has broken, so there is a proper reading today.

I’ll wait and see if it resets to zero tomorrow. However, as the value stayed >0 for a number of dry days I assume there is still a bug which doesn’t reset it to zero at midnight?

it works fine for me…
keep an eye on it

hey, a outlow roll cloud that moved over us. we missed the associated rain, which one place got more than 25mm (1 inch) in 30 minutes

inland central california:
now thats boring weather
i lived there for 1 year
2 months of “storms” (a storm is any system that has rain or snow, LOL)
then 10 months of clear skies and light winds (the only clouds are from passing overhead aircraft).
and hot…43oC every day at the peak of summer, but the san fransisco bay sea breeze arrives overnight and its down to 15oC by the morning…