Rain icon not working

Brian,
I was using WD version 9.44 and noticed that the rain icon did not display after we finally started getting some rain. I updated to version 9.59b and the rain icon did not work their either. I have gone back to version 9.27c and the rain icon does work with it.

Some where over the last several versions some new functionality has been added and it has all but broken the conditions icons. I think it has something to do with the set names for rain thresholds. This new form is confusing because the recent rain and recent showers do not even have an icon? In addition the units are displayed in mm and with out a calculator this means nothing to me. I wish all the data would use the units that are set in the Display Units Options.

Brian, I was using WD version 9.44 and noticed that the rain icon did not display after we finally started getting some rain. I updated to version 9.59b and the rain icon did not work their either. I have gone back to version 9.27c and the rain icon does work with it.
Unless your stations rain bucket has tipped within the time set on the "Summary image on web page / weather icons setup" (see "Set names for rain thresholds" button) the report will read "[b]Dry[/b]". Unless Fog, Wind speed, or other setting is matched. _________________ BC System Info: Win 98SE, Stationless - METAR Update, IE-5.5, Pentium 233 Laptop, 256MB RAM, DSL, FTP to Web Page.

murray sent me his settings
he had the snow melt threshold set to -16oC
he was confused as to how that worked

(i.e temperatures above that setting result in the icon not being rain (but in fact a new snow melt icon is now displayed instead (should work))

he should be ok now, hopefully

oh and greg, it really is about time the USA made an attempt to start to learn metric
LOL
(before hell freezes over?)

oh and greg, it really is about time the USA made an attempt to start to learn metric LOL (before hell freezes over?)
Is that 32 or 0? :P I agree. But I am afraid it would take a Act of God.

an act of God like …death …I understand, but hate the metric system the increments are so small that every country that uses it takes every opportunity to make the sizes of packages, the pitch and diameter of bolts, weights and measures a total fiasco. Until and when those that use the metric system come up with some set viable “sizes” that us old dogs can relate too I have no interest in changing to metric. Metric bolts are a particular pet peeve of mine one diameter of bolt will have several pitches and threads per mm that are practically undetectable by the naked eye, What a Bother!! Okey dokey off the stump for me…(not quite)
Jon

PS…by the way when you go to McDonalds to buy a good ole Quarter Pounder what the heck do you call it??? I’ll have that ole 115 grammmer if ya please??..and how bout 450 milliliters of Coke…or better yet just give me a 1/2 liter…or better yet skip that and give me a pint :wink: