Rain amount jumping when going into control panel

Hello,

Running 10.37f of WD.

I have just needed to go into the Control Panel → 1-Wire setup, to check some settings, none of which I changed. When I came back out of the Control panel, 2 minutes later. The rain graph jumped approx 0.9inch of rain fall, no way… up to that point we had had very heavy rain. I have seen this problem before, it seems to do with entering the controlpanel->1-wire setup, this time I have a image of the problem.

John

rainjump.jpg

i suspect its to do with the 1 wire rain counter…not sure at this stage…its nearly midnight here and i need some sleep

Hello Brian,

Sounds like a good idea to get to bed… a tad late…

I have been keeping my eye on the ‘rainjump’ and the only times I have ever seen it when/were just immediately after going into the controlpanel->1-wire, the only thing I can’t remember is what buttons I used to close the said popups, sometimes I use the ‘red X’ other the ‘Close/Quit’ button on the popup’s main page area, I wondered if that might help discover the location of the issue. There do seem a certain set of conditions that cause it, but as yet I only have the controlpanel->1-wire locked down as part of it. Hope that helps. Sleep tight.

John

Hello,

The bl…dy thing has done it again #-o, I have just opened the control panel then gone into the 1-wire setup, I then scrolled to the end of the sensors being discovered text area. I then closed the the 1-wire setup popup and control panel, using their close buttons rather than the red X and I have gained approx 0.6inches of rain instantly. Interestingly I has just been raining, but only lightly, approx 0.02inches of rain before.

rainjump2.jpg

i see the problem
the bug happens when you do not have ticked, set the rain totals to this at start up, in the misc settings in the dallas 1 wire setup
next update of wd will have that fixed

Hello Brian,

Great, thanks…

John

a new .zip update is ready now :wink:

Cheers Brian, all installed, I will wait for some rain, then give it a test… now that should not be long!