Power outages

hi
every now and then my power will flip off-then back on during a severe thunderstorm… most of the time it only resets my computer and i have WD set up to load with windows… it loads up and starts running, but my webcam is off. i then go into view webcam and have to select the cam and capture, etc… i have the restore settings box checked… is there another setting that i need to turn on to get the camera to set-up after the program reloads???

thanks
lee4019

try ticking reset after restart of weather display (bottom left hand corner)

hi
i ticked that box… i still have to go in and select webcam, capture etc… also i have to update the sunrise/sunset too??

thanks
lee4019

I have noted that the camera stability you speak of might have something to do with your camera and drivers.
After totalling my web cam, by tripping over the obvious cable, I got a creative webcam pro unit ( it was on sale). It did fine, but anytime the station was off line , then I had the problem you spoke of , needing to re select the station and doing what you are doing.

After a while , I went back to the old camera ( but a working version) the logitech 4000 . Here if I shut down, nothing is needed to reset the camera, it loads on boot. I am guessing it has something to do with the drivers and other settings for the camera.

Other than a new camera, I would recommend putting the unit on a UPS for your computer, weather station power and what else. Then if the UPS you have has shut down software, then at least your whole unit would remain on line for those very short outages. Other than a standby generator, we are a bit at the mercy of nature and the power company. RATS !!! 8)

hi
yeah the first cam i got was a creative cam and it didn’t even work so i got a eztronics cam… maybe later i’ll try a logitech… how about the sunrise/sunset do i need to hit a switch so it will update on reload??

thanks
lee4019

www.leezweather.com

the sun rise/set doesn’t do a heck of a lot with the camera. On the setup/ftp etc. web cam there are settings for times, and a provision to have the camera upload according to the rise/set times. If you check that box, the upload won’t happen at night,

hi
i needed to know how to update the sunrise/sunset because it won’t update on reload… it’s a seperate problem from the web cam… i figure if the web cam uploads the same web cam pic at least there’s a pic and it will do until i load the cam up again… and the sunrise/sunset is not that big of a problem it uploads every 30 mins or a hour…

thanks
lee4019

www.leezweather.com