New user, cron-job, high-lows, extra-sensors

You don’t seem to be running the cron job?

What’s the cron job?

How did you add the water temperature? I have a sensor in my pond that is submitted by Meteobridge but the standard tiles have no option to select that sensor…

See https://pwsdashboard.com/documentation2012/11_cron.pdf. Its why your small blocks have zeros and your history file doesn’t exist.

Jim

I split these post from another very large topic to make answering ans asking questions easier.

You should use an extra upload-file.
But first check your settings as you selected already two extra upload-files, but those are very old.
This is your current weather-data

http://wassmer.org/pwsWD/PWS_listdata.php

That data is upload/used from three files:

[loaded_from] => /is/htdocs/wp11036828_FN9SC3KI0M/www/pwsWD/realtime.txt
./ecowitt/ecco_lcl.arr
./demodata/extra_sensors.txt

You should use one upload file for your Meteobridge as described here:

https://pwsdashboard.com/documentation2012/36_extra_sensors.pdf

Succes

Thanks. I have a extra ecowitt sensor - so do I use the ./ecowitt/ecco_lcl.arr as pathname and file or what else - and how do I specify which extra sensor - I tried the extra temperature/humidity sensor - there is only one extra sensor active.

Thanks - I understand the principle but it does not help me in terms how to get this working. How do I run a cron server on my website or on Meteobridge and where is this set in the template?

Tom

use something like cronjob.org or your host may allow you to setup a cronjob then put the url for the PWS_cron_stationcron.php on your website in it and schedule for every 5 minutes

Hi hcorrin,
Unfortunately, my website host requires me to purchase a SSL certificate for this and it is unreasonably expensive. I will give cron-job.org a try and report back.

Tom

Actually used Meteobridge as a http service using URL /pwsWD/PWS_cron_stationcron.php but what goes into success?

Seems to work. Thanks, everybody. Now I only need to get the extra temperature sensor working…
Also succeeded to get the extra sensor online. Would like to only have the active sensor showing not all 8 though. Also can they be renamed?

Thanks, Tom

The scripts will only process data they receive in the upload files…
Currently your ./extra.txt file has a lot of possible sensors with data, albeit most of them show ‘- -’

If you want / plan to process only one or a few sensors, delete all unneeded lines.
And set the lines you maybe use later to comment by adding a # on the first position.

Make those changes in the file you use as the template file in your Meteobridge.
It could look like this example

# meteobridge extra tags
|actTime|unix|[epoch]|!
# 
|fromtemp|uom|C|! 
#
#|extra_hum1|hum|[th1hum-act.0:--]|! 
#|extra_hum2|hum|[th2hum-act.0:--]|! 
# 
#|extra_tmp1|temp|[th1temp-act.1:--]|! 
|extra_tmp2|temp|[th2temp-act.1:--]|! 
#
|pm25_crnt1|text|[air0pm-act.1:--]|!
|pm25_crnt2|text|[air1pm-act.1:--]|!
|pm25_crnt3|text|[air2pm-act.1:--]|!

It shows 1 active temp sensor which value would be in your weather-data as

$weather[‘extra_tmp2’] => 41.4

There are also 3 PM sensors pm25_crnt1 pm25_crnt2 and pm25_crnt3 which have values in your extra data.txt. The show up in your weather-data as

$weather[‘pm25_crnt1’] => 7.0
$weather[‘pm25_crnt2’] => 7.0
$weather[‘pm25_crnt3’] => 6.0

Succes,
Wim

Hi Tom,

If you use Meterbridge upload (realtime.txt) as your primary data-source, you can only use the extra ecowitt upload file for lightning and AirQuality sensors.
One uses that if they have a f.i. a Davis station as their main weather-station and some extra sensors from an ecowitt-station.

Those users with a “full” ecowitt-weather-station upload the complete data directly (custom upload) bypassing a Meteobridge.

Question: What is your weather-station configuration currently?

Regards,
Wim

Thanks Wim. Now I would like to rename the block name and the sensor name into pond temperature - and ideally make it smaller - or even better adding a icon logo for water temperature as in the template I asked about above.

Block titles are in PWS_blocks.php, and you can change the sensor name in extra_temp_block.php. I suspect you could have found this answer quicker with a forum search. . .

Whose template?

It was in a thread of the map of template users. I cannot find the post right now, but it was a water drop showing. Yes, I read through the tutorials, but it warned me to change anything in the PHP files - or to save with a different name and add the file name to an extra.txt page that I do not have and do not know what the syntax of such a post would be. That is why I asked. So, I will change those two PHP files and save them under the original name. I hope all works well.

Thanks, Tom

Sorry, I’ve been changing files for too long :roll_eyes:

You could use the lang-en.txt file to do the changes for your language only. . . I think this is probably recommended.

So, for block title add an entry

|Extra block large|Pond Temperature|

Thanks - that worked but how do I change the Extra block large title of the block. I did it in the PHP file but it seems not in the correct place…

Thanks again! Tom

I think I was still editing a post when you replied. Try the lang_en.txt method in post 17.

Where did you do it?

All good now - it seems that I replaced the edited from the server instead of the other way around. Thanks so much!