Missing Forecast Tags? (RESOLVED)

also though which version of WD are you using currently?

Which email address?

Weather-Display V10.37R-(b81)

as I have already said, build 81 is not going to work anymore for the 5 day forecast
you need to be using the latest version instead

Okay apologies.

I cannot get the new build to work on my XP machine. Have tried numerous times.

you need to make sure you have all the available xp patches and update (google for them)
and then use just the .zip update of WD
others do have WD working on XP

Okay working on this now. If I get the updates to populate you are saying to only use the “.zip update” that are found for XP?

I am saying use the .zip update of WD from the download and not the full install
to update WD

Okay got it thanks.

I got all the patches to update xp installed after following your instructions on the download page. The I was able to get the new build (zip version) installed. I still am not see the tags for %5dayforecastday1% through day day%8 and al ot of my data has now disappeared from my website.

What did I do wrong after getting the new version installed?

how do you mean alot of data disappeared
what data exactly?"
there might be some cron files missing in the .zip update that will be in the full install update
so you could use the full install update to a different folder (ie install to a different folder) and then copy across to your current folder all the .exe files (when WD is not running)
just to be clearer, what version of WD are you using now?
and has the forecast file actually been updated on your pc

the more information you can provide the better

I used your latest 10.37S b42 (zip)

I have done all of the XP patches following the link of instructions (72 patches installed)

When WD 10.37S b42 is running I lose the majority of data that is on my website. Wondering if my Vantage Vue data logger is not working correctly now?

I also do not see the %5dayfirecast…% tags

I will try the full install now instead.

what do you mean exactly by loose the data on your web site?
can you provide more exact info?

also have you checked if the actual noaa forecast file has been updated (downloaded)?

(as per my question above)

Well…this is not working out for me.

Downloaded the new version now I cannot even get WD to run. .DLL files missing

but did you do exactly what I said
(install the full install to a different install location, and then copy the .exe files to where you have WD installed)
do you do exactly as I instructed?
or did you install the full install to where you have WD installed already (which will cause the dll errors)

I downloaded to a new file and copied the .exe files over to the existing folder.

I don’t want to waste anymore of your time. I will go back to build 10.37R 81

but I did not say you were wasting my time
why give up now?
when you say downloaded to a new file, do you installed to a new folder location?
if you did that and the only copied the .exe files, you should not have got any dll errors

Yes I downloaded into a new folder I created.

Just copy all .exe file to the folder where the existing WD is running?

yes, that is was the next step
(you will need to though now first install build 81, to reset the dll files)

Okay reinstalled build 81.

Extracted the new build into a new folder.

Next copy all .exe files to where Build 81 is?

yes
try that
(when WD is not running)