Minimum soil temperature not saving!

Brian, in the all time records, and all time records month, plus also when you view “my web page”, the data recorded for this appears not to save when I shut down WD using save and exit.

When I shut down WD to start up the new update, everything appeared ok first, but when the minute update came, the data for minimum soil temperature changed from 16.8C to 0C - as was shown on the all time records screen as well as the main web page. I then had to do another reset, which made the soil temperature 100C before it actually read it.

On the all time records screen, the set values doesnt seem to work.

I had to reset the minimum soil temperature to start this again, but of course this only resets to the actual temperature at that time when I did the reset.

Any ideas why this happens

i think the problem is that the data arriving from the station for the exta sensors is not very frequent,.,…and so a zero value is beign assigned prior tot he real value arriving,or something like that
i will add in a delay before it uses it
that should do the trick

Let me know when you have done it Brian, and I will keep you informed. Will it be on the next update release?

By the way Brian, is there a way I can input the last minimum soil temperature back to it’s original setting before it lost it. If I go to view/all time records then select “set values”, enter 15.5 in the minimum soil temperature field, press OK to save new data, this not show the change in the all time records screen. Am I doing it right?

humm, that should work…

Brian. Did you by any chance happen to put that delay you mentioned about and incorporate it into your latest version 9.85c?

To give you more information, this always happens when you close WD down, and restart it again. I also noticed that yesterdays rain mentioned 6.0mm fell during that day, but when I closed down and reopenned WD, the yesterdays rainfall figure had reverted back to 0.0mm. This I could manually correct using the right hand mouse button on the rainfall section and placing the offset in there. I wonder if this delay problem you mentioned about should be placed here too.

Is there a way that something similar could be done for the soil temperatures, etc.?

the rain should be kept, check under view, program error log after starting wd
delay…i meant to do it, then forgot
i will do it in the next few hours

9.85d should be much better andy

Thanks for doing that Brian, I shall let you know if it works okay on the next close down, which is usually done on your next upgrade. BTW, in the main page, the data WAS lost for today’s rain and yesterdays rain, so I had to reinput it again manually.

Thanks for doing that Brian, I shall let you know if it works okay on the next close down, which is usually done on your next upgrade. BTW, in the main page, the data WAS lost for today’s rain and yesterdays rain, so I had to reinput it again manually.

you should not be loosing that data (no one else is)
check under view,program error log, after starting the program for an error there…whcih will be preventing that data from loading i would say

Minimum soil temperature recording appears to be recording and keeping log after I shut down WD. Thanks Brian

thats good
i need some good news

Sorry to be a pain, but how long a delay did you enter? My soil sensor takes 2 minutes before it shows on WD, and by that time, the minimum soil temperature as reverted back to 0.0c. Can you extend the time longer please Brian.

ok, for the next vers
the temp only sensors only send data every 30 seconds you see