McMahon ECMWF 2024022806 z Missing - Last was 2024022800 z

McMahon - Last Good ECMWF was ( 2024022800 z ) and Last Should Be ( 2024022806 z )

Note: this was Checked at 2024-02-28 14:00 UTC.

It is possible that the Data was running Late and may now be available.

Note: this is an automated Post, check data to ensure it is correct!

Kindest Regards,

Tony

My script isn’t seeing the 06z data available yet. I’m checking to see whether there’s been a change that’s made the data move or uses a different access method.

1 Like

The directory structure for the ECMWF data is different at 06z than it has been previously so whilst the data can be located manually it’s not in the place where my script expects to download it from. I don’t know if this is a permanent change or just a mistake. Still digging.

1 Like

I think the directory change might be permanent. ECMWF are working on a new forecast system (AIFS) which I think uses AI to assist with the forecasting. The current directory structure has created a new level of forecast distinction /aifs/ and /ifs/ in the path. I’ve made a mod to the ECMWF scripts I use to include the extra level in the path and that seems to have let the 06z run start.

I’ll have to watch to see if the directory structure reverts for subsequent runs, but at least I know where to fix it if it breaks again. Hopefully at some point the ECMWF scripts will be updated - I’ve reported the issue and included my bush fix for the problem.

1 Like

06z data is available as of 15:24 UTC

1 Like

Three more runs on and it’s looking like the extra directory is permanent because they’ve all processed without problems.