Lost menu option

I do not think this is a bug with WD but having had some problems installing other software, WD would not run. Having reinstalled it it everything seemed ok appart from the menu option ‘Setup FTP/Internet/Reboot/METAR etc’. When this is selected, nothing happens. Control F doesn’t do anything either. :cry: Could anyone help please.

You might try a Clean Boot. Start WD and see if WD works properly. If WD runs properly start your other programs, one at a time to see where the conflict may be.
Have you added any new hardware or memory?

Thenks CaptDilli, but restarting WD doesnt help. What happened was I tried to install Weathertool professional and this managed to screw up both Digital Atmosphere and WD. It doesn’t matter what programs are running, WD seems to run fine appart from the fact the one menu option does not respond.

you will find a error under view, program error log
delete the wdisplayftp.ini file from the registry to reset the settings

Thanks for your help Brian. I did what you suggested but it did not make any difference. WD seems to run fine but selecting the menu option has no effect. Do not worry about this, you have enough problems. In a month or two I am getting a new computer which will be dedicated to the weather station and will of course be using WD on it. I will start from scrach and it will be easier for you to give me a new registration code than try to sort the mess I have got this machine in. I am more dangerous to computers than a virus. Thanks again.

Cheers, Bob

hi
when you clcik on view, program error log, is there an error reported there after trying to access that menu?
(like an exception error?)
if so , then the deletiion of the registry entry (you might have to do a search again for wdisplayftp.ini to get all the entries in the registry) will fix that

I do not think this is a bug with WD but having had some problems installing other software, WD would not run. Having reinstalled it it everything seemed ok appart from the menu option 'Setup FTP/Internet/Reboot/METAR etc'. When this is selected, nothing happens. Control F doesn't do anything either. :cry: Could anyone help please.
What version of WD did this happen with? With WD v 9.59b I had a similar event only it was some menu tabs in the 'Setup FTP/Internet/Reboot/METAR etc' window that would not work. I went back to v 9.59a., downloaded v 9.59b again and restarted v 9.59.b. All menus worked. However, while running WD v 9.59b my laptop has crashed 3 times. I have gone back to v 9.54a to see if my machine will run without crashing. At this time I have no reason to believe WD is at fault. WD v 9.59b is running ok on another machine, Win 98SE, Stationless - METAR Update only, no FTP uploads. _________________ BC System Info: Win 98SE, Stationless - METAR Update, IE-5.5, Pentium 233 Laptop, 256MB RAM, DSL, FTP to Web Page.

Hi,

After I have tried to select the menu option the error which is reported is:

ERROR:Error reading
RichEdit1.Line.Strings:RichEdit line insertion
error at time/date 08:46:10 22/02/03

I am currently running version 9.59b but I do not think this is the problem. I have had this problem for several weeks and in that time I have regularly upgraded WD. ‘Setup FTP/Internet/Reboot/METAR etc’ just refuses to have anything to do with me. Cannot blame it really.

Cheers, Bob

hi
ok, email me your wdisplay.ini file
and your exported wdisplayftp.ini file from the regsitry, thanks

oh and bob, is WD working with the sky view data logger?

Brian,

I had not tried using WD with the datalogger for some time, so I tried today and this is what happened.

Selected -‘Setup - Data logger setup - Setup the skyview systems data logger data extraction’

Selected - Get logger status’ - most other options greyed out.

Feedback - ‘Requesting status, please allow time to communicate’

After 10 minutes nothing else had happened.

Pressing - Ctrl/Alt/Del you get ‘This program is not responding…’

WD datalogger settings are the same as the datalogger, i.e.,

WM918
No extra sensors
Maximum/minimum data
Every minute

As a final point I am just setting my weather station up and I do not mind losing data from the logger at the moment. If you would like me to try anything, just let me know.

Cheers, Bob

hi bob
please try vers 9.60a with the data logger…
i have a new switch for new type logger…
the one i have here seems to respond differently

re your ftp setup error:
its strange, your settings loaded here ok, but i hate to say it, but you might have a missing windows system file or something…???