Looks like cyclone got his wish.

Come on… bring it on Huey…

I’m ready. 8O

Hi
over here in Brisbane at the momnet
the wife and i spent the first night with a tummy bug we cught just befre leaving NZ, but OK now
boy, this TC larry is pwerfull now (this morning!)
cyclone, email me or PM me to windy2, or phone my mobil, 02742359040 :slight_smile:

tried ring you, please contact me, will PM you

Are you smack bang in the path (the predicted one) or are you going to get the nort side of it?

Anyway good luck hope you get through ok. Looks like it could be a cat 4 when it reaches the coast, so time to put some extra stitches in the undies :-).

Would be interesting to see what your weatherstation comes back with.

H.

Here comes Larry. Close enough now to be picked up on the Willis island radar.

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/nmoc/latest_fwo_loop_R.pl?IDCODE=IDR00000&number=12

ECMWF have a low in the Coral Sea on the 21st April 2006, but is it too late !!! :?

Looks like something happening by moon man said (ken ring), he told me there would be a cyclone to hit gold coast and NE NSW by a same low which is forming! 8O UH OH i feel it right from him.

Matt

oh no matt, do you believe in the stuff ken ring tells you?
please wash your mouth out with soap for using that persons name!

You want… another one?? Already??? 8O

ah, it should be but is it too late for formation???

The low already formed, here we come! 8O But, we have to wait and see about that.

My eyes and my ears are the universe, everything else is hearsay.

Matt,

When you make some posts with “wild” statements could you put a link in there where you got you info from. Would be good, so we can have a look at the “raw” data ourselves.

Thanks.
H.

Ok, here: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDG00074.shtml

This low had formed yesterday. Heavy rain season still on force! :smiley:

Matt

Ah, for no appearant reason I am unable to get to the bom site for a while now.

Well a bit of rain would be good. Brissy still is in water restrictions, summer did not bring much rain. We only had 226 mm so far and nothing really in the dams. Dams are around 31% and we are going into the dry season now.

It goes without saying we are in a bit of trouble (that if you have town water, I am on rain water tanks). The prediction is that Brissy will run out of drink water by 2008 (if we do not get the normal rain patterns).

H.

Looks like its going to cross the coast to the north of us.

Heres an image i recorded few hours back

Thanks mate,

Got the site now, it appears that some sites changed their security protocol so they might not be available. The fix is to change the MTU to 1452 on your router. Since i done that the BOM is available again. :-).

H.

when i was in brisbane, some members of the public thought that the problem with low resoirvoir levels was over and that they were now full…must have been after the latest lot of rain they thought that
hey, great sat picy their cyclone!

Brian a lot of people are ignorant. I bet if you asked them how to get to the resoirvoir they would have no idea at all. And have even less of an idea that you can find all the levels very easily on the BoM web site.

Looks like a westward movement is now likely…

a crossing is due this morning, approx 500 km to the north