Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

Hi Brian I spread out the internet uploads I was already using the advanced internet setting. Will wait 24hr and see if I was successful.

Thanks
BTrip

Build 261 uses less memory now :wink:

Thanks Brian - I’ll load it now - cheers

Hi Brian, sorry I haven’t reply sooner had to go out of town for work. I am still having problems with with miss data in the log files, (see Screen shoot)This started on Aug 29 of this year. I also noticed that that the WD (MacB261) clock is freezing for up to 3 minute and than resync with the Mac Clock (See screen shoot). and keeps going.

Thanks
BTrip

Hi Brian, I also attached debug info. See restart real ftp counter is this normal ?

Thanks
BTrip

Debug Info 11-19-16.txt (135 KB)

The screenshot of the log file looks very similar to what happened to me. Clearing out the Davis logger was what resolved it. Check with Brian, but it looks similar.

@bdtripps
how often do you have the testtags.txt → testtags.php updating?
it only really needs to be updated every 10 minutes
as the real time data comes from the clientraw.txt file
also try spreading out the times of the internet update functions you have set

Hi Brian, I have the testtags uploading every 5min, been this way since 2006 WD windows change to
WD Mac in 2011. I edit WD-INI from window to Mac. I have change some things over the years. The Mac-Mini that I have only runs WD and local server.
I had WD B24 running same set-up on my older Mac-Mini running Snow Leopard. This problem started around August 29 2015 all my other logfile are right.
I am tring to find out what has change in my set-up.

Upload times
Web page/ Generation Time every 10 min, General FTP Once a day @ 23:59, Noaa every hour, Metar every hour,

Advanced Internet Setting
File 9 trend.gif every 10min,
File 12 dirplot.gif every 15min,
File 28 Clientraw every 5min,
File 29 Special File every 5min,
File 34 Extra moon details every 60min.

CWOP every 10min
Wunderground Every 5min Rapid fire every 8 seconds

I thinks that is it

Thanks
Btrip

if you use the customise internet and file creation setup
then you should be able to find which internet function is the bottle neck

Hi, Just curious. Is it necessary to use File #28 if using the Realtime Clientraw FTP upload setup? Could that cause a conflict at all if using both?

#28 is just there for people who only wanted the clientraw.txt file uploaded say only every 5 minutes,instead of using the real time ftp upload

Yes, that was my understanding. Is there a concern having both selected, such as bdtripps has them both selected. Didn’t know if that could cause a problem selecting both options.

Hey Brian

Since I’ve been on the latest build maybe last two builds I’ve had two crashes that I just wanted to share with you. No error message just isn’t running when when I checked my computer

Obviously there’s nothing program event log after restarting so I’m not sure what I can give you as far as evidence. I didn’t see this one in the console log which I will show below

11/19/15 4:34:54.305 PM weatherdisplay[1244]: IMK Stall detected, please Report your user scenario in rdar://problem/16792073 - (imkxpc_isBottomLineInputContextWithReply:) block performed very slowly (7.64 secs)

If there’s anything you need from me please don’t hesitate to ask

Hi Brian testtags.txt is the bottle neck. After many hours I have it down to missing minute 3, 13, 23, 33, 43, 53 every hour in the log files.(This has improved)
Its taking about 00:01:45 (watching WD clock) for WD-Mac-B261 to process testtags.php (Version 1.07).
I have shut off realtime FTP and I am using only the Advanced Internet Setting. Could WD be processing and uploading testtags.txt @ the file create times?
Also is there anything else I should be looking at?

File 12 dirplot.gif create every 60min and upload,
File 28 Clientraw create every 1min and upload,
File 29 Special create every 2,12,22,32 etc, and upload every 4,14,24,34 etc.
File 34 Extra moon details every 30min and upload,
File 41 Detailed climate data/Noaa create @ 00:17 and upload @ 00:19,

General FTP Once a day @ 23:59,

CWOP every 15min
Wunderground Every 5min Rapid fire every 8 seconds

Thanks Again
BTrip

Just thought I would show you what happens when I start WD and it downloads historical data

Hi Brian I have attached debug info text from from Mac-B261 Version on 22 November 2015 - 23:15:51,
It showing the data received length.

Thanks
BTrip

Debug-Info-WDMacB261.txt (57 KB)

Hi Brian after many hour I was not able to got the testtags bottle neck fixed (WD-Mac-B261). I reinstalled WD-Mac-B239 (timestamp date Aug-8-2015)
with my original setting. WD-B239 has been running about 9hrs now, it ran overnight and has log data every minute (See screen shots) and uploaded to the web.
Could the additional tags that were fixed for the moon could be causing my bottle neck?

Thanks
BTrip

you could test maybe by removing those moon tags for processing

latest update for WH1081/WH3081 stations, the fineoffsetdecodemac program will restart if it gets out of sync with the data now

Hi Brian will do a test after removing the moon tags and any other that are not needed for my set-up. FYI WD-MacB239 has been running for 7 days and has not miss a beat (Screen shoot).
I will report back after testing

Thanks
BTrip

Hi Brian I removed the moon tags, and all the other tags the WD was not processing in WD-MacB239 plus the snow and solar tags.
This reduced the testtags.txt size from 58kb to 45kb.
Reinstalled WD-MacB261 with my original setting and it still hanging up logfiles missing mintues. (screen shoot).
The Visible difference between B239 and B261 is the induction of the date, could this have something to do with my problem? (screen shoot)
Going back to B239 for now

Thanks Again
BTrip