Live from Coalville, UK - now including MML

I’m not sure how many more stations a map can support without looking too cluttered. I’ve seen maps with a lot of stations on them and whilst they can amazing with the animated wind arrows rippling across them, the animation is very slow (due to Flash having to work at animating so many stations at once) and the map looks very messy when displaying anything other than the wind with many station icons overlaying each other.

Yes, fair points Chris… you don’t want to be releasing a product that doesn’t perform well. You could just put a disclaimer there of course, saying you recommend using less than 50 stations to avoid performance issues, but I shan’t push it. :roll: :wink:

Just finished doing a few upgrades to the live page… it’s now XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant, using CSS and running WDL 5.01. I’ve played with the formatting a little to make sure my daily forecasts don’t overlap any of the gauges and in general to the rest of the page to keep the layout consistent between pages. Let me know if you get any problems or have any suggestions. :slight_smile:

http://www.photoweather.com/aws/ukweatherlive.asp