Last rain showing 2026

Small problem but my last rain is showing as a date in 2026. Read through topics and i picked up it could be a cron job fault. I contacted hosting support and they pointed me to the cron activity text. Does this look ok?

success files loaded + history was already valid + need upload to others + 0 uploads + no roll-over needed 2024-03-25T16:30:04+00:00success files loaded + history was already valid + need upload to others + 0 uploads + no roll-over needed 2024-03-25T16:35:03+00:00success files loaded + history was already valid + need upload to others + 0 uploads + no roll-over needed 2024-03-25T16:40:04+00:00success files loaded + history recalculated + history saved + need upload to others + 0 uploads + no roll-over needed 2024-03-25T16:45:03+00:00success files loaded + history was already valid + need upload to others + 0 uploads + no roll-over needed 2024-03-25T16:50:06+00:00success files loaded + history recalculated + history saved + need upload to others + 0 uploads + no roll-over needed 2024-03-25T16:55:05+00:00success files loaded + history recalculated + history saved + need upload to others + 0 uploads + no roll-over needed 2024-03-25T17:00:05+00:00

Thanks

These are valid information messages.
They start with “success” → there were no problems for this run
After that there is more information, all correct inyour situation.

If you have problems, please described what the problem is.

Probably some minor quirck which should be gone when there is new rain.

When i visit your site i get this messager:

invalid date format, can not process this file /home/llanelli/public_html/realtime.txt - date =

Seems another problem.

Succes,
Wim

Live data shows same date :confused:

Thanks guys.
It’s raining at the moment.

Why 2026 i wonder. Is there anything i can try? Did the recreate records action earlier.

Thanks

Only you can check your settings.

Please check the date-format you selected in easyweather setup.
You should use month-day-year from the selector.

Wim

https://www.llanelliweather.info/PWS_listfile.php?file=realtime.txt&type=space

03/25/24 18:11:44 8.0 89 6.3 0.2 0.0 69 0.03 0.73 993.2 ENE 0 mph C mb in — –

Ok. Date format changed. Now showing 01-03-26

Did you press the green save button after changing the setting?

If this continues i need an email with

1. Your (temporary) easyweather password
  2. your FTP userid and (temporary) password.

Today i am not available anymore, so i will look into it tomossor.

Wim

Ok Wim thanks.
Yes saved it.
If it’s the same tomorrow i’ll send you the details.

Thanks for helping
Steve

Enjoy the rest of your birthday, Wim :laughing:

Hi
question what date is your PC showing? is that correct, try syncing with a time server?

As your site is still showing the “wrong” date copied your realtime data and ran it wityh a test-server.

I am 99% sure your easyweather setting is not correct.
As nobody can check that setting but yourself I had to spent my time checking your upload-file, copy it on my server and testing the scripts using the three possible settings in easyweather → tab Data → question “Format of the dates in the uploaded realtime file”

Conclusion:

1. Your realtime file is correct and updated regularly.
  2. If using the correct selector "Month Day Year’ the correct date is assembled in the $weatherdata
  3. If using “Day Month Year” for “Format of the dates in the uploaded realtime file”
    → The invalid date for today “02-03-2026” is shown
    Any invalid setting results in “strange” dates.

Also the cron-job will update the “last rain” value only if there is a new and larger value.
So one has to wait until there is new rain and the cron has ran.

Please change the setting as shown in the image in my previous post.
Wait until the rain amount has changed and the cron-job has ran.

Ok Wim, thanks for your efforts.
Double checked again and month day year is still set.
You mentioned yesterday sending my ftp details. Do you still want them?

Thanks again

I think you have to wait for more rain to see if the bogus date changes.

Ok Thanks. Lots due in the sw in the next few days so that’ll test it.