Ken True of Saratoga Weather

Excellent, many thanks Ken

Daryll.

OK set it to 777 and still nothing, my wu text file is same directory as html pages that is root.

Bogget

Hi Bogget,

Looking at the view-source of http://www.realweather.net/wxforecast.php shows

So the cache is now working, and looking at the cache file at http://www.realweather.net/cache/WU-forecast-0-en.txt shows

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 20:56:22 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0
Cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate, no-cache=“Set-Cookie”, private
Expires: Fri, 01 Jan 1990 00:00:00 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
X-CreationTime: 0.050
Set-Cookie: ASC=1328388982:1; path=/; expires=Fri, 01-Jan-2020 00:00:00 GMT; domain=.wunderground.com
Set-Cookie: DT=1328388982:27057:365-u4; path=/; expires=Fri, 01-Jan-2020 00:00:00 GMT; domain=.wunderground.com
Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

Request Blocked

Your request to Wunderground.com has been blocked. To get this block removed, please contact wunderground.com:

Your IP is 74.52.111.11, USER_AGENT PHP,WU-forecast.php,saratoga-weather.org

Email: [email protected]

so you need to send a request to [email protected] requesting that IP 74.52.111.11 be unblocked.

When it is unblocked, you’ll see your forecasts again :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Ken

p.s. It would be helpful if you put the URL of your website in your profile so we don’t have to search for it in prior postings :slight_smile:

Thank you Ken, once again.

i have just seen a site with WXSIM i didnt realise that worked in the UK?

is that any better than the one i am using?

Bogget

Hi Bogget,

WXSIM is a purchased software from www.wxsim.com that allows you to run your own forecasts based on meteo data. Many of us have found it useful for our websites, and I do have a formatting script that processes the text output of the WXSIM program to create reports like the WU and NWS forecasts.

WXSIM will work anywhere in the world, but you have to buy a license for it and have it customized for your locale by the author Tom Ehrensberger.

See the WXSIM forum here for posts about using WXSIM.

I personally think that Tom has done an outstanding job creating a weather modeling program that runs on a PC with output that closely matches what the ‘big guys’ with their supercomputer models can produce. :slight_smile: 8) =D>

Best regards,
Ken

Yes it does look great, but for me i dont need all the bells and whistles it provides, i dont think i would use it all, your excellent script also gives great forecasting and your support is second to none. you have never failed to sort any of the problems i have had (and i have had a few).

so i thnk another contribution to your supprt fund and a thank you.

Bogget :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words, Bogget! And thanks for the donation too :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Ken

Just a follow-up to this… after a day or 2 I started getting the forecasts again.

I’ve just had an email from WU where they say:
“We have unblocked your IP. Please note that there was an error in the script that you were using that caused the block. Please make sure that you now use the patched script to obtain the data.”

Hmmm… the script worked fine until they started changing things…!!! 8O

Hi Daryll,

I see you are running the latest version of WU-forecast.php which does include the “User-agent: PHP,WU-forecast.php,saratoga-weather.org” on the request. That will help them identify that the request should be honored… the older versions did not include a User-agent: in the request.

Best regards,
Ken