JavaScript WDL version 1.0.0 alpha.

We like to over indulge our weather here. BUT we do have crazy things here. On June 29th-High of 97 and feels like 110. Today. July 1. It is currently 66 and a breezy North wind.
Going to a restaurant tonight and may have to sit inside.

Midwesterners do adjust to temp changes very fast.

That’s not supposed to happen! Must be something I’ve done… Will check it out today!

Yerren, can you put the acceptable code into your download from the Weather-Display page when you get it settled? I’m looking forward to using it, and thanks for this newest release. I know the details can drive a guy crazy!
Dale

The solution is to have the option to autoswap windchill and heat index as the original WDL does. In any case windchill is not calculated when the temp is as high as 66F.

My knowledge on the actual calculation of some of these things is a bit sketchy. Do you (or anyone… Brian?) know how the origional WDL decides when to switch between heat index and wind chill? Would be nice to have a good way of determining this, rather than figuring out my own system, especially if a good method already exists!

WD uses the NOAA standard
the temperature needs to be below 10C for windchill to come into effect
so do the switch when the temperature is below that
as for heat index, I would use >=18C as the temperature cut off

Brilliant, thank you! =D>

Should be fixed now (as always, might need a Ctrl+F5 at first to come through). :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s fixed! Many thanks.

I noticed that in “SolarBar01”, they do not turn yellow, although they are over 0 W / m2. What’s the explanation?

http://www.celinmeteo.com/wdisplay/FreshWDL.html

Thank you in advance
Marian

wdl.jpg

In WDL from WD in the bar column appears correctly.
see:
http://www.celinmeteo.com/wdisplay/wxwdlfullscreen.php

Marian

@Marian - that instrument is displaying % of maximum solar, which is zero, not W/m2, which is not zero. As I recall changing to display W/m2 has been discussed before but I don’t recall the outcome.

Thank you for your information. I have preferred to display in the column the real value of solar intensity in w / m2.
:sunny: :thumbright:

Marian

I’m testing the new WDL version.
http://emmenzuidwest.nl/weather/freshwdl/FreshWDLmaster.html

But for some reason the 24 hours graphs aren’t working, the are blank.
Temperature Last 24 Hours
Wind Speed Last 24 Hours
Barometer Last 24 Hours

Capture.JPG

which version/build of WD?

I did the Ctrl-F5 on the last load and see HeatIndex, but it is 3,274.4 degrees. I knew it was hot out…

Is there something I need to configure differently?
Dale

ecwx.info/wdl/f.html

Niko explained it well, and the option to display the real value of w/m^2 is in the works currently :slight_smile:

There are some strange issues with this and I believe the meteohub upload software. Something about meteohub uploading zero values as “-” instead of “0”.

I have a vague idea about how I can try and fix it, but I can’t promise it’ll be done awfully soon, sorry!

Oh no! 8O That sounds like something at my end, rather than yours… I’ll check it out today!

I suspected that person was using meteohub
that sort of information should always be made avaialble