Is it Just me?

Tom

version 6.10.8637.0

Brian,

Yes the same ini file, except, the only thing I have changed is to the summary image / Icon set up to get the Icons to auto change.

Thanks to you both

Bob

One of the BIG things we’ve seen at work is older, non-current releases. Worse in MW and 95, but 98 suffers as well. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/

Tom

Brian

I have tried this while observing MemTurboII

memory use: try a mimise to task bar ( with _ ) and you will see the memory use drop dramaticly in task manager....so its not a real memory leak, just windows video memory (maybe for wehn web cam catpure is in use?)

I actually do not see a change in the memory useage on my PC 8O

Any idea why?

Bob

On XP Pro, the change is tremendous! From 12 megs to 1.5 Interestingly, the minimize to try is almost no difference. I would have to check, but I’m betting the memory model in 98 is vastly different. (man, is this taking me back years in my career!)

Tom

thats what i notice in windows 2000 (i.e the NT based system (XP is NT based)), which is better at memory management than windows 98 (way better…i.e for multiple programs, and one program crashing does not affect another, and blue screens are rare (i have not had a blue screen of death with windoes 2000))

And yet prior NT releases might have well used the BSOD as a screeen svaer, they were that common. I’ve only BSOD’ed W2K a couple times in two years. XP, once.

Tom

Brian

I have tried this while observing MemTurboII

memory use: try a mimise to task bar ( with _ ) and you will see the memory use drop dramaticly in task manager....so its not a real memory leak, just windows video memory (maybe for wehn web cam catpure is in use?)

I actually do not see a change in the memory useage on my PC 8O

Any idea why?

Bob

Me too WD v 9.56d.
I also see absolutely no change in memory usage of WD, Virtual or physical memory, maximized or minimized. Minimized may free up some video memory.

BC
System Info:
Win 98SE, Stationless METAR upd, IE-5.5, Pentium 233, 256MB RAM, DSL.

humm, must be a windows 200/xp/nt thing only