Is anyone else is having this problem?

Thanks Ken…made the changes… everything seems to be working well!

Steve

Thanks for the fix Ken!

Everything seems to be working fine but when I go to validate the page I gets errors.
Is this something I messed up or is this something that needs changing in the new script?

Example of the error I get for each icon on the page.

Line 166, Column 192: end tag for "img" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified

Thanks to Ken also for the quick fix. Much appreciated.

On XHTML Validation: yes the image tag is not being closed properly…one way to fix is is shown below in red.

Ken is a better programmer than me so there is probably a better way to do this. I also noticed that the NWS has a wider page layout and they are using longer words like Thunderstorms instead of TStorms. One way to fix this is shown in orange below because Thunderstorms was too long a word for my forecast icons row.

The routine in green below is a custom PoP routine I developed to only show the main icons instead of the %icons and to create a PoP row underneath them (example shown below). If anyone wants to use this feel free to use it. It was just a personal preference of mine since I’m using different icons.

//
for ($i = 0; $i < count($forecasticons); $i++) {
$forecasticons[$i] = preg_replace(‘|/images/wtf/small|Uis’, ‘/forecast/images’, $forecasticons[$i]);
$forecasticons[$i] = preg_replace(‘|/forecast/images/|Uis’, $iconDir, $forecasticons[$i]);
$forecasticons[$i] = preg_replace(‘|.jpg|Uis’, $iconType, $forecasticons[$i]);
$forecasticons[$i] = preg_replace(‘|.png|Uis’, $iconType, $forecasticons[$i]); // support .gif icons
$forecasticons[$i] = preg_replace('|

\s+$|is’, “”, $forecasticons[$i]);
$forecasticons[$i] = preg_replace(‘|Thunderstorms|Uis’, “TStorms”, $forecasticons[$i]);
// $forecasticons[$i] = preg_replace(‘|\\" >
|is’, '" />
', $forecasticons[$i]);

$forecasticons[$i] = preg_replace(‘| >
|Uis’, " />
", $forecasticons[$i]);

$forecasticons[$i] = preg_replace(‘|(.)|Uis’, “<span style="color: $1;">$2”, $forecasticons[$i]);
$forecasticons[$i] = preg_replace(‘||Uis’, “<span style="color: $hiColor;">”, $forecasticons[$i]); // JJR Added
preg_match_all('|
([^<]+)(<span.
.*)|is’, $forecasticons[$i], $matches);

[color=green]//region <!-- CHIPPERDOG POP ROUTINE: Replace %PoP icon w\ plain icon & add PoP field for output -->
$forecastprec[$i] = ""; // string is blank if no %icon is found
$pos = strripos($forecasticons[$i], "0.jpg"); // find position of 0.jpg signifying a %icon is used
if ($pos) {
	$icon_file = substr(strrchr(substr($forecasticons[$i], 0, $pos + 5), "/"), 1); // get full image filename
	preg_match('/\d{3}|\d{2}/', $icon_file, $pop); // match xx or xxx number for 10 - 100%
	$pop = $pop[0];
	// replace matched number with blank so %icon is NOT used, limit to 1 replacement so text isn't changed
	$forecasticons[$i] = preg_replace("/$pop/", "", $forecasticons[$i], 1);
	$forecastprec[$i] = "<span style=\"font-size: 1em; color: #009900;\">PoP " . $pop . "%</span>";
} else {
	// add a 

if no PoP to line up everything in table
$forecastprec[$i] = "
";
}[/color]

Untitled 1.png

Thanks for the thunderstorm fix, Chipperdog!

Tony

Thanks for the fix Ken. Donation on the way …

Also, thanks to Pat for the Thunderstorm overflow fix.

Not validating but looking good …

Jeff

Ken has been posting updates in this other thread, so I’m closing this one to minimize confusion.