Interwarn and Weatherdisplay

Just curious. Is anyone using WD and Interwarn ( the last beta) having problems with errors = getting the jpg from the Interwarn realtime map to upload with WD?

I was getting upload errors and it took a while to figure this one out. IF I turn off WD as well as Zonealarm, the thing works fine. Add Zone Alarm, no problems , but bring in WD then problem. So we shuffle a bit. Take Zone Alarm out leave WD on board - still problems. Both Interwarn as well as WD uses an upload via ftp.

Now the regular interwarn upload of the summary.txt file has no problems but something because Interwarn generates a screen capture rather than produce a jpg or gif won’t upload on its own. And if WD is running but I opt out the warning map upload, everything is fine.

Evan thought it might have to do with the number of FTP interactions per min between the two FTP programs.

Brian - don’t change the ftp program .

I just am curious to see if anyone sees this or its just me having a great old time.

I just started running WD and Interwarn 4.0 together last evening…

So far all is uploading OK to the web site…I will let you know how things go with the combination after it runs for the next few days…

http://home.triad.rr.com/wswx1

c. Ritchie

the last version of Inerwarn changes your warning map image. takes off the computer screen look.

Look at your log files for interwarn, that is where the error shows up. WDisplay does fine.

Just curious. Is anyone using WD and Interwarn ( the last beta) having problems with errors = getting the jpg from the Interwarn realtime map to upload with WD?.....
InterWARN v4 final I understand you are using WD to upload the InterWARN

I saw the bmp but there is a jpeg in the interwarn / temp directory.

There are still odd errors , Evan hasn’t located, but I have a thought that its not completely error free. The map has to be minimized or the screen capture program can’t deal with it.

InterWARN v4full Implementation of new Real-Time Watch/Warning Map with city and county name overlays and blinking of polygon-based warnings, and ability to upload this map to your website.
I have not seen a conflict with InterWARN and WD so far.
But,
In my experience the new Real-Time Watch/Warning Map only updates when manually viewed from the InterWARN program. Without an auto update feature the new Real-Time Watch/Warning Map with city and county name overlays and blinking of polygon-based warnings, and ability to upload this map to your website is useless.
Currently I will continue to use StormWatch

After re-downloading and re-installing InterWARN 4.0 BETA (FINAL) the Real-Time Watch/Warning Map, if left running (minimized), updates the .bmp/.jpg files periodically.
The Real-Time Watch/Warning Map may be uploaded to a web page using InterWARN, WD, or a third party FTP program.
By using InterWARN

I tend to agree. There are other options out there that will give the same. I put a Weather Underground banner just for those time Interwarn is not syncing or I have the computer off line for some reason or another. I ’ d hate to think of someone thinking no warning if there was one or the opposite.

well, i cant say anything nice about the author of inrterwarn after he slammed weather display in a forum .
Sorry, but thats the way I see it.

Now I have slept on it, I still feel that he is arrogant in the way he writes his comments. He basically insults people that they don’t know how to use his product and he is the only guru.

If that is the way he his, he needs to dump his forum and do one of those Microsoft, you mail in the question and he will get around to helping you. Speaking of Microsoft, I finally got the FrontPage to work. I had to completely remove all of the office stuff and go back a version so all of the nonsense is the same version. This is a bummer that the newer version was better in many ways. Anyway, still didn’t work until I saw something in an ini file. It had the thing trying to load http rather than ftp for the entire web . However, I am still waiting on Microsoft for an answer.

I can’t wait for Natureboy’s rebuttal.

Now with Brian… even with the most minor thing, he still helps people out.
Oh well…

On your MySql, I wish I could use it, sounds great, but I don’t “think” Mediacom servers support it and of course I don’t have MySql. Rats.

Now I have slept on it, I still feel that he is arrogant in the way he writes his comments. He basically insults people that they don't know how to use his product and he is the only guru. .....
I agree. The support(?) for InterWARN is a far cry from the WD support. I still like the InterWARN program and will continue to us it unless InterWARN results in conflicts with WD and/or Lightning 2K.

[quote=“CaptDilli”]InterWARN v4full Implementation of new Real-Time Watch/Warning Map with city and county name overlays and blinking of polygon-based warnings, and ability to upload this map to your website.
I have not seen a conflict with InterWARN and WD so far.
But,
In my experience the new Real-Time Watch/Warning Map only updates when manually viewed from the InterWARN program. Without an auto update feature the new Real-Time Watch/Warning Map with city and county name overlays and blinking of polygon-based warnings, and ability to upload this map to your website is useless.
Currently I will continue to use StormWatch

I agree with you and am considering doing some changes on my site to remove interwarn and put in a better map and warnings. I will look at the site you recommend.

I am leaning toward taking Interwarn off the website all together, and coupling it with something like Weather underground’s banner. They generally use an advisory warning on theirs, then finding a good warning map to add as well.

That would serve two functions. One, being less things running at the same time and two letting Evan know he needs to support his software better and definitely to hire a pr person.

I have alot of software on my machine that I don’t use anymore. But I will take all of this to heart.

Now the big thing, clean off desk.

WD v.10.20f ran very well for me 1200 UTC to 2230 UTC with InterWARN running.
WD Process Priority set to Above Normal (must be reset in Task Manager every time WD is started). InterWARN Process Priority set to Normal (default).
The InterWARN Real-Time Watch/Warning Map is disabled.
InterWARN update interval set to 7 minutes, summary web plug-in interval set to 11 minutes.
The only entries in the Program Error log (if an error occurred) were “Cannot create file C:\wdisplay\webfiles\forecast5day.gif” at 16 and 46 minutes past the hour.
This is very good, if it continues. :smiley: