Installing a new version ----> seset the value!

Hello,

Nearly every time I install a new version, my extrem conditions in the main window are reseted!!! All my old value of the night are deleted!!

I already asked for that problem, but it is still present. Has someone the same problem???

What can I do ???

Thanks for your help…

Have a nice day or night… :wink: :wink:

Please give us a brief description of how you install the new version. Maybe you are deleting something before installing?

Please give us a brief description of how you install the new version. Maybe you are deleting something before installing?

Hello,

I just close WD, and then double click on the exe to install the new version in the same old folder… That’s all.

Is there any other way to do it??? 8O

Thanks for your help :wink:

Hello,

To add something… I just tried to reinstall the version I installed this morning… That time everything is OK…

Could it make a difference to intall it before miday (12:00) or after??

As I can remember when I did install a new version during the eevening, I never had a reset of my values, but the reset of the values always happen after installation of new version early in the morning!!!

I don’t know if it makes sense, :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Brian,
Indeed, all values are reset, but not only at installing a new version only.
If I shut down WDisplay to restart the pc, the same problem arises. It is as resetting all values (at midnight in my case). Converting the log file does not cure the problem.
Thanks for looking into it.
Marc

… this kinda makes since to me as I though the current extremes were stored in memory and updated as new extremes are encountered. This is way they are reset if the program is shutdown.

Rupp has a good point. You must make sure you close WD by using ‘Save & Exit’ and not just clicking the ‘X’ in the top right corner of the window.

Bob

Rupp has a good point. You must make sure you close WD by using 'Save & Exit' and not just clicking the 'X' in the top right corner of the window.

Bob

Thats exactly right, i remember closing WD without selecting close and save from the menu. Guys make sure you hit save and close when exiting WD :slight_smile:

Rupp has a good point. You must make sure you close WD by using 'Save & Exit' and not just clicking the 'X' in the top right corner of the window.

Bob

Thats exactly right, i remember closing WD without selecting close and save from the menu. Guys make sure you hit save and close when exiting WD :slight_smile:

Hello,
That’s muss be my problem… I always close it with the small x …

Next installation I will try this way… Thanks a lot…

:roll: :roll:

Hi all,
Nope: exactly the same result with save + exit as with the little cross. Like I stated above: it’s like resetting at midnight (or 9 a.m. if choosen).
Marc

check under view, program error log…

for if any errors there when this happens
or, it might be a ws2000 type qwuirk
and , or , maybe wait until after the first data retrieval from the ws2000 before checking them
you can reset them ia action, enter my own all time records (these are save for you)

the reloading of the all time records has worked evey time for me now after i improved the code/seq for this, to maje it more robust

I always use the “X” to close the program…and it saves my extremes fine. ??

Brian,

I used to get the midnight reset when I used to upgrade WD using WIN98SE. Since upgrading to WIN2K Pro I have not seen a recurrance.

Bob

Hello,

Sorry but it did agian this morning with the new version 9.64e.

Nothing in program error log…

What can I do to not loose every day my minima of the night???

Stranger is the fact: If I try to reinstall 9.64e again this time it doesn’t change my new minima…

It seems to me that the problem happens only once a day, (the first time you install a new version) !!!

Windy can you explain that??? very strange…

Thanks for your help…

Brian,

I have also noticed that my values reset like the midnight reset option on the first program close and restart of the day. It does not necessarily have to be to update to another version of WD, but for any reason. The second exit / restart seems to be normal. This is with W2K and not as previoulsy noted with just Win98SE.

The following are not important issues, but a couple may lead you to a answer for the program not saving data on using the Menu: ‘Exit / Save and Exit’ option.

Summary Image Settings Not Saving

Menu: ‘Setup / Summary image/Icon setup’

Section: Icon update by downloaded metar setup

I have the option selected to ‘Include extra weather conditions from downloaded meter’ selected but want the icon to be updated by my weather station as my local conditions can vary from my nearest metar station due to the maritime environment I live in. I can select the option ’ but leave the icon to be updated by your stations weather’ and the exit the screen using the ‘OK’ button. but the option selection is not saved. When looking at the setting again the selection box is now not ticked.

Also. I have the selection box ticked for ‘Your stations rain/wind/fog overrides the metar’. unfortunately, this is having no effect. The metar settings are used regardless.

Program Colour Settings

Menu: ‘Setup / General and colour/Misc/tide. setup / Setup program colours’

I have got around to changing the program colour setting now my other operational problems have beem resolved (Thank you). And I am having problems with a couple of parameters. The option selected is not saved or is giving an unusual effect.

I changed the colour of the ‘data box’ and ‘rain tank’ but didn’t like what I selected and tried to change them back.

The option for the colour selection of the ‘data box colour’ works until the next screen refresh during the ftp routine. The colour then reverts to the selection I first made but didn’t like. even though when checking the colour selected last is still shown as selected by the colour showing the dotted outline in the selection window.

The rain tank has a different effect. When the program starts, after an update or other maintenance I do. the rain tank show FULL until the first screen refresh during the ftp routine. Then it shows empty. before trying to change the colour options the tank showed empty from the program start.

Wind Gauge (Strange effect) LOL

I have a mouse with a scroll wheel. I have noticed that when the mouse pointer is within the WD screen window, when scrolling the wheel one way the wind gauge direction pointer moves one way and when scrolling the wheel the other it reverses. LOL… This is a strange effect and is more of a glitch than a bug. If the direction is moved to an incorrect setting WD corrects it at the next data update. When the mouse pointer is off the WD program window, the scroll wheel has no effect.

As I first mentioned, these items are not issues for me, just minor inconveniences or have interesting. WD is working well, but they may help lead to a sloution for other issues.

Thanks, Bob

Hello,

Very very sorry,
I did wait until 12:00 to install the new 9.65b, but again I loose everything!!!

Please can a few of you try to close the WD and reopen it to see if they have the same trouble, or even better try to close it and reinstall it to see if you loose your extrem conditions values!!!

It seems that, as already said, closing and reinstalling WD makes a reset as at 00:00.

Thanks for your help, sorry to insist but I’m loosing all my extrem values…

have a nice day…