i have added screen saver

i finally got around to adding a WD screen saver
vers 9.76c
simply enable it, under setup (last on the list)
then select wdscreensaver as the screen saver to use under your desktop properties/screen saver, and set the settings there for it (or preview it) (i.e right mouse click on the desktop)
hope you guys like it…(its simple but effective me thinks)

Thanks Windy…

In Win98 WD install wdscreensaver in Windows\Win32… but it should be installed in Windows… if not you cannot find it…

I just move it and it works nicely… Thanks

:wink: :wink:

Thanks Brian,

a simple but nice feature.

Bob

ahh, i wondered where i had to put it in win 98…is it just in c:\windows?
but yes, you can copy it to where you like, oe even right mouse click the wdscreensaver file and click on install (I presume that will work)

the data is the current weather conditions :slight_smile:

ahh, i wondered where i had to put it in win 98...is it just in c:\windows? but yes, you can copy it to where you like, oe even right mouse click the wdscreensaver file and click on install (I presume that will work)

the data is the current weather conditions :slight_smile:

Hello,
The best it to put it into Windows\System

but it also work nicely in Windows\

Thanks

have a nice day

Is it possible to add this to the weather client? WD runs on a server at home for me, and I use the client here to stay connected… would be pretty cool to have a screensaver here at work that uses the data from my server at home!!!

Just an idea…

i have added it now, vers 5.4, ready now
tick that option in the setup (near the bottom)
:slight_smile:

(i am struggling today, i have a terrible virus of somesort, i feel like i have been hit by a bus)

I ticked the save data for wdscreensaver option on the new client viewer… but how do I get the actual screen saver??

Probably an obvious answer, but I too am fighting some type of illness… must have crossed the Pacific!

its called wdscreensaver.scr, with the normal WD download…and you need to right mouse click, then click on install (i think that works), or copy to c:\windows\system or c:\winnt\system32, and then go to your desktop setup, and under screeen saver, select that one
but i will add it to the client download

I’ll check the latest download of the client!

Thanks!